What's new

Will XenForo 2.0 Speed up the HTF? (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ooops. The "But, I'm not alone" in my above post is a clickable link...but there's no way to know that (it doesn't underline or show up as a different color. Nothing differentiates it from regular text.).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Also, the post numbers (in the upper right-hand corner of every post have historically said "#18 of 21" (or whatever is appropriate). That's super helpful if doable.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
To be honest, Dave. Looking at my list of "Watched Threads" right now and it's hard to tell which ones have been viewed and which ones I still have to open. The unopened ones are just slightly bolder in the text of the thread title.
IMG_3221.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The "Latest Posts" widget now only has the five most recent posts made on the forum. It used to list the last ten. I always found that handy. Any way to go back to that? The older version also seemed a bit more streamlined (not as bulky) as the new one.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
To be honest, Dave. Looking at my list of "Watched Threads" right now and it's hard to tell which ones have been viewed and which ones I still have to open. The unopened ones are just slightly bolder in the text of the thread title. View attachment 71494
Do you have a suggestion for how to format it? We want it to be easy to tell them apart.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
The "Latest Posts" widget now only has the five most recent posts made on the forum. It used to list the last ten. I always found that handy. Any way to go back to that? The older version also seemed a bit more streamlined (not as bulky) as the new one.
I've adjusted that to 10 items now.

As far as bulky, do you mean spacing between posts etc?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've adjusted that to 10 items now.

As far as bulky, do you mean spacing between posts etc?

Thanks! Most of them right now have four lines of text. Maybe you could tighten them up by removing the "9 viewers" notification and also maybe the forum in which the thread appears? I don't see that info as too essential. That would likely get them down to 2 lines of text and shrink the widget a lot.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Do you have a suggestion for how to format it? We want it to be easy to tell them apart.

I wish I could remember how it was done before. But it was very obvious. The blue text (which you fixed) actually worked. Or, maybe even bolder font for the title of the unread threads? Maybe a different background color for the unread threads?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The difference between read/unread was just a bit bolder before and much more obvious. I didn't care for the blue text. First time I visited after the change I had no idea which was read and which was unread. Bold/normal is better for that but the bold needs to be bolder/fatter.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
And... the blue text to indicate new massages in a thread is back... To me, this isn't as noticeable as the "bold" black was and really tends to blend in on a full page of stuff.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Cleaned this up some also - let me know!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The number is just how many alerts you have in total, including approval queue and notifications from the bell icon in the top right.

So that bell and the thousands of notices it says I have to address, how would one turn that bell off?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. I don't mind the bell (I actually find it useful), but that # in parentheses at the front of every HTF tab (on FF) I have open is:

1.) pointless, and

2.) also pushing pertinent info off into the ether at the right hand edge of the tab.

The bell is enough of a reminder that I have unread alerts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks