What's new

Will this work on my Denon receiver...? (1 Viewer)

Sanaka

Grip
Hi. This is my first post here so please forgive if this is an old question. I'm setting up my HT in a rather huge room - approx. 32' square. Actual speaker distances from main listening position are:

front L/R - 20'

center - 19'

surrounds - 16'

Problem is my new Denon 1802 has a max speaker distance setting of 16' - I can't set actual distances for the speaker delays. SO, would I get the same delay effect by setting the offset (difference) distances instead? i.e. since center is 4' further than surrounds, and L/R are 3' further, can I set:

front L/R - 4'

center - 3'

surrounds - 0'

Of course the differences are subtle and the ear is the final judge, but I'd like to know if this works as a general principle. Thanks for any thoughts.

Sanaka

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Yes, this should work for basic time alignment. There may be some issues with more advanced processing (it thinks the surrounds are very close so it will tweak the sound somehow). I'd do this instead:

L/R: 16ft

center: 15ft

surrounds: 12ft

These settings will give you the correct differences and still let the receiver know that you are far away...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks