What's new

will there be a Jurassic Park 4? (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
They left room for a 4th one.. all them Pterodyctals(?) flying to other places..

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I can't imagine why, but Spielberg has already alluded to having a great idea for a fourth 'Jurassic Park.' And since 3 was a hit at the box office, count on it.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I agree. There will be a number 4. Maybe they'll create a brand new, even bigger unkown dinosaur, saberaptorus rex, 120 ft long that can also walk silently like the spinosaurus.
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It did pretty well, yeah. It may be reaching the point of diminishing returns, but there's still some life in the franchise.
I think the key for JP as a franchise, actually, is keeping the movies spaced out. A new JP every year would get tiresome quickly, but I'm ready for a couple hours of dinosaurs run amuck every fourth.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Well, i'm pretty sure that their will be another sequel one day, the third one did very well last summer.
But i'm not too sure about the Pter, the Pterod, flying dinosaurs flying off the island. These films have always treated their dinosaurs as real animals, and I would think that those flying dinos wouldn't just fly away from their habitat like that, it wouldn't be realistic.
Actually, if you think about it, what else can they do with the series? This routine of humans showing up on the island, getting stranded, and then stalked and eaten by dinos is getting tired.
------------------
To the men and women of the N.Y. police and fire department
God bless you.
To the victims and their families
God keep you.
To the dirtbags who caused all this
God help you!!!

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
Speilberg's claims of "having a good idea for 4" confuses me. I mean, there wasn't a single original idea in Jurassic Park 3. It was nothing more than, "Let's just go back to the island again to do a flyby. Nothing could go wrong!" Then it became "Oh, we need to rescue my son too!" Then, disaster insued. If he had a great idea for 4, why not use it for 3?

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
I agree with Mark on JP3. Nothing original about it at all. Just adding a couple of new dinosaurs to people just trying to survive in the EXACT SAME ENVIRONMENT as the other two movies. They've got to do something different with the dinosaurs and not just find some excuse to bring a few people to the islands. Hope Speilberg's idea is ISLA Caramba! (Site C)
Elbert

I noticed its ben mentioned before about the "Silent walking around" of the spinosaurus.T-rex did it too in the first film.In the last scene with the raptors in the visitors center,you dont hear the rex's approach.Just thought i would point that out.
wink.gif

Roland Wandinger

Stunt Coordinator
Did the spinosaurus really exist or was it just made up for the movie? Something I always wondered since I saw JP III ...oh...and I liked JP III a lot the only thing that bothered me was that it is rather short.

Roland...yes..spinosaurus was indeed a real dinosaur.I have an article around here somewhere from the newspaper some time ago,that showed the skeleton of it.Word has it recently that it was more of a fish eater.Can't really remember what the article said about it,except for spino being quite large.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
As of November 4th, Jurassic Park 3 has grossed $180,620,080 in the U.S. alone. With a budget reportedly around $92-95 million, I'd call that a big bad blockbuster.
I'd expect Jurassic Park 4: Nublarier! to make its way onto screens by Summer 2004.
------------------
Scott Weinberg
------------------
http://members.home.net/scott2915/_vti_txt/ofcs

Ethan Thomas

Auditioning
According to my Audubon Society Pocket Guide to Familiar Dinosaurs released in 1993 (yes, Audubon released a pocket guide to dinosaurs) Spinosaurus (meaning Spiny Reptile) was around from the middle to late Cretaceous (same as T-Rex) and was 40' long and one of the largest carnosaurs, but apparently more lightly built and less powerful than the allosaurs that shared it's African home. It's skin sail was supported by strong spines up to 6' high extending from the backbone. It's teeth were straight rather than curved which is unusual for a carnosaur. And just FYI, T-Rex was usually 40' long or more and weighed in at 4-8 tons... It would have 0wn3d the Spinosaurus if the two HAD ever met up in real life.
wink.gif

As for my thoughts on a JP4 I was greatly disappointed with JP2 and have only seen JP3 because a buddy of mine DL'd it from online to show me just how bad it was.
wink.gif
I actually thought it had a chance up to the T-rex Vs. Spinosaurs scene... but it went downhill from there...
One last thought... speaking of DLing movies from online... how can anyone DL movies and watch them that way instead of going to the movies... it just isn't the same at all... I'd rather wait the extra time to see it on DVD then watch a movie that way again...

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Nathan just go to Link Removed
I'm hoping to get a connection thru someone I know to become an editor there. You'll find all the information you need. I think it is a shame Joe Johnston would want to stomp more on Spielberg's legacy. I think Steven didn't do it (well, direct ti atleast) because Micheal Crihton didn't write the 3rd and so on. I would smack Joe Johnston if I saw him. The 3rd one was horrible, I mean come on! Laura Dern, married!! Tea Leoni and William H. Macy and the kid from The Patriot!! Jeff Goldblum is said to of not been casted because his character was too smart and they wanted the characters to be static ones (yae right, thats why the now hate dinosaurs practically) and they knew they'd have to write something clever in the script for Jeff's character which might lead to a JP breakthrough and make the script writers actually make up something interesting! Just go to Link Removed
-Bert
P.S. Mortal Kombat 3 shoots soon!!!! IYAA

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I would think that those flying dinos wouldn't just fly away from their habitat like that, it wouldn't be realistic.
It sure would: their instincts would be compelling them to migrate. I'm surprised they haven't already established a breeding ground somewhere across the continent, since The Lost World clearly shows "loose" pteranodons flying around.
------------------

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I think it has pretty much been established by Universal that Jurassic Park isn't going to simply be a I, II, and ///... they are going to turn it into a franchise (ALA Batman films or Bond films)... I am sure there are lots of stuff you can do with peanut-brain-sized-monsters-a-teeth.
Believe me... it won't be 'Jurassic Park 4'... Jurassic Park: Attack of the Clones... now that is a great title (think about that one a while
wink.gif
)
------------------

robpic.jpg

My DVD Collection/ AIM: roblutter/ email:[email protected]
"Why, that's the biggest Kahn since Genghis" -Sealab 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks