What's new

Untitled Jurassic World "Era" Film (2025) (1 Viewer)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
"There is no director on board, but Frank Marshall, the veteran and celebrated producer who oversaw the Jurassic World trilogy, is back producing, as is another Jurassic vet, Patrick Crowley. Spielberg will executive produce via his Amblin Entertainment banner.

It is unclear what form the relaunch is taking. It is known to be launching a “new Jurassic era,” per sources, with an all-new storyline.

The project, which has been flying under the radar, is far enough along, and the script in a well-liked shape, that the studio is whispering of a possible 2025 release date."

Last edited:

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
It certainly has flown under the radar, as the Jurassic World trilogy was meant to be the "end". Right?

If this is a cash grab, not a good idea.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It's a multi-billion dollar franchise. They're not going to let it lie fallow.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Let’s be honest. They’re all cash grabs. 🤪

Oh, I agree!

It's whether the cash grab is like a Home Alone 2-type sequel (absolutely nothing new except setting) or a Back To The Future 2-type sequel (the story actually went somewhere!).

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Jurassic Park III was released in 2001. I think part of the reason Jurassic World was as huge as it was is because there hadn't been a film in 14 years.

Obviously, Universal wouldn't want to wait 14 years again. But if they come out with this in 2025 or 2026, it will just be another one in a line of continuous sequels. They might be able to make the next one feel more of an event if there is a bit more of a gap between installments. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.

That being said, this franchise is not for me. So what do I know?

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I thought all 3 “World” movies have some great stuff to them, but none of them are necessarily “good”, but then again The Lost World and III weren’t either. I love Dino action so that’s why I keep coming back, but I do wish they could keep them at 90 minutes or so. That made III such a great entry.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I love Dino action so that’s why I keep coming back, but I do wish they could keep them at 90 minutes or so. That made III such a great entry.
Yeah, I think that's the best JP sequel because it's basically a 90 minute monster movie. I don't like The Lost World overall but I do give it up to the sequence with the T-Rex knocking the trailer over the cliff because that part of the movie is exciting.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Yeah, I’d rank them:

1. Jurassic Park
2. Jurassic Park III
3. Fallen Kingdom (I actually really love this one, especially the final half hour or so. Had it managed a 90-100 minute runtime it could have been above III)
4. Jurassic World
5. Dominion
6. The Lost World (I REALLY don’t like this movie, but I admit the T-Rex trailer scene was superb, and some great Raptor stuff too)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The beef I have the the JP series is that only the first one ever attempted to be scary. Give us another scary one

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
That’s just over 16 months from now. I remember when these movies took at least three years.

I was thinking the same thing. If the script isn't done yet, that means they won't be filming until, what, mid to late summer. Won't that be cutting it very close for all the effects and post production to be ready for summer 2025? These are effects heavy movies. I could be very wrong on that, but it seems like a very optimistic schedule.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't see any way this makes a July 2025 release. Isn't everyone already backlogged trying to catch up on other in-progress projects derailed by the strikes? I wouldn't think anyone has the capacity to rush a JW film through production.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't see any way this makes a July 2025 release. Isn't everyone already backlogged trying to catch up on other in-progress projects derailed by the strikes? I wouldn't think anyone has the capacity to rush a JW film through production.
And I saw that the release date is a week off from Superman. So not only would it be basically impossible to get out that quick, it would also be financially disastrous to get out at that time. No chance this doesn't move.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Meanwhile, July 2025 gets closer every day.

"We don't have a director, or a cast, or a finished script, but the important thing is we have a date on the calendar." ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks