What's new

Will a Bose media center power other speakers? (1 Viewer)

Tom Corcoran

Auditioning
Would the Bose Lifestyle 28 media center be able to power another set of speakers? On paper the Bose system is perfect for my requirements but after researching it on this site I can see the limitations. I'd greatly prefer to have a simple, sleek all in one receiver / DVD / CD like the Bose media center though.

If I were to buy a Bose unit would I be able to power a better set of speakers like the Anthony Gallo mini's?

Thanks in advance.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I don't beleive the "media center" even has amps in it. I think they're built into the bass module for their systems, plus they have the crossovers and stuff built in for those pos cube speakers, so it's not feasible. I would strongly recommend a real receiver anyway. If you want a good all-in-one unit, check out the NAD L70.

Paul Seyfarth

Stunt Coordinator
Don't buy bose, you can get all in one systems from other companies. I think most comanies have all in one receiver/DVD/CD players. I will second looking at the NAD L70, I haven't seen it but the NAD stuff I have tried has been very good.

What do you want and there should be people who can give you suggestions.

ChristopherBer

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure you can use the satellites of the Gallo but not the subwoofer, because the satellites would be connected to the bass module. But why would you get a Bose Lifestyle 28 and not use the speakers it comes with. If you're going do something like that get something else. :)

Tom Corcoran

Auditioning
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm looking into the NAD L70 - it looks like just what I've been looking for and will fit in a small cabinet. I'm going to look around to see what kind of deals are available online.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks