What's new

Wierd Problem with my Samsung HL-S5687W. PLEASE HELP! (1 Viewer)

Adam_R

Second Unit
I can't change any of the detailed settings for Component 2 only.

I can choose any main settings like Mode, Color Temp and whatnot, but I can't actually change Contrast, Brightness etc... It's let's me get to the part where the numbers are displayed at the bottom of the screen, but pressing left and right only allows me to go one click up or down, and then it still goes back to the default.

Wierd.

All other inputs can be calibrated just fine.

:frowning:

BrianTwig

Second Unit
This is one of the TVs I am considering. Other than your above issue, how do you like the TV?

Pros? Cons?

Adam_R

Second Unit
$750 for a QAM tuner, IEEE1394(FireWire) as opposed to USB and PIP.

Those are the only differences I am aware of.

If that's worht the $ to you.

BrianTwig

Second Unit

I don't even know what that means. I assume PIP is picture in picture. I will never use that. Don't plan on hooking up any equipment by USB. What USB stuff would I hook up? And what would I hook up with firewire?

Seems to me the $750 would be a waste so I can scratch off the 688.

Adam_R

Second Unit
sorry, allow me to explain:

PiP is indeed Picture in Picture, which I'd never use either

QAM tuner allows you to pickup free HD signals over your cable line. They are the same signals you can get over the air in your area, but the cable company is mandated to carry them as well, for free. at least that's what i've heard. You would still have an HD tuner built in with the 87 series, but you need an antenna since it's over the air.

the usb or firewire connections are used for connecting digital video cameras or other devices... I know that the USB connection on my 87 can be used for slideshows if you connect a thumb drive with jpgs on it.

Hope that helps!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks