What's new

WHV Press Release: The Wizard of Oz 70th Anniversary UCE (DVD/Blu-ray) (2 Viewers)

ReggieW

Screenwriter
I guess we'll have to wait and see IF Warner announces a no-frills edition in the UK. I do have a "hunch" that DVDTown may've gotten the wrong and/or mixed up press release, and that there will indeed be a single-disc edition with the listed supplements available in the UK.

Mike -

I've only bought two UK imports so far (Zulu and Downfall), and they each ended up costing around $22.00 with airmail shipping.

Not bad at all.

We'll just have to see how they configure the UK OZ release. If there is a single disc edition available in the UK, I'm certain there'll be no shortage of them on ebay at reasonable prices, as I'm certain that many vendors will be aware that most of the buyers in the US don't want the box of stuff.

I still can't get over the fact that WHV actually want's $60+ for OZ in this economic climate! I don't care how important the film may be, it's still just ONE film. I paid less than this for the ENTIRE Godfather Collection and around the same for The Trek Movie collection 1-6!?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I think I paid in the mid-$30s for my used copy of The Godfather Trilogy on BD.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
You'd think WB would make more off having both regular and ultimate editions at the same time. There's plenty of fans who wouldn't mind the $60 set. I don't see how WB could recover restoration costs by jacking up the price. Wouldn't it make more sense to have a cheaper edition and sell more copies than an expensive one that won't?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That's what I would think too. But to play devil's advocate, they can sell alot less copies at 2 or 2 1/2 times the cost of a regular Blu-ray and still make the same amount (or more) and then eventually sell a regular Blu-ray at some point in the future and make even more money.

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller
It'll come eventually. Has there EVER been a movie that was only available in an expensive, gimmick-laden edition? I can't think of any.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Guys, the preorder for Oz is up on WBshop.com. If you use code "websurvey7" it will knock 30% off the price. Currently they are offering free shipping on orders over $30 so I got my preorder confirmed for $47 and change.
Almost 25% less than the $60 that Amazon has it at.

Edit: It appears that this is a one time use code per each customer account so if you have used this code in the past, it may not work again for you. "websurvey6" will get you 25% off.

2nd Edit: Try "wbsurvey7" if the first code doesn't work. This code has been mentioned in another forum as working for some people.

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller
Pictures here. There appears to be a normal-sized case inside the box, which makes it more attractive. Still don't need a goddamn watch, though.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was buying this boxset because I'm a collector, but I want a cheaper release so I can give it out as a Xmas gift which I'll do if this title ever shows up as such whether here, UK or wherever.

Crawdaddy

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Why don't they just call a spade a spade?

The Wizard of Oz: The-Pretty-But-Ultimately-Useless-Tchotchkes-Included-Edition

;)

ReggieW

Screenwriter

I can't wait to see what "artifacts" the Ben-Hur, North by Northwest, GWTW & Citizen Kane UCE's will contain! (I'm banking on at least a miniature "rosebud sled" a mini chariot with some horses and a Roger Thornhill ID badge and dossier)

I still question if retailers will want these clunky boxes taking up valuable shelf space. So far they've only done Casablanca, Woodstock and The Notebook. What happens when retailers are suddenly faced with 20 or more of these boxed titles from WHV?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
By the way, those WB SURVEY coupons did not work.

Both coupons said "unrecognized." Then, it said "WBSURVEY7 APPLIED"
but did not change the price right up through checkout to the final screen.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Yup Ron, I think you are too late. For a while yesterday it worked for me and a few others and then I read later in the day that the codes were no longer working.
I bet WB took the codes away when they saw the orders coming in. Even though the 'survey7' codes were good through 6/30 according to the email I received, they've apparently been discontinued prematurely.
Hopefully another code will come along before Sept.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks