What's new

Who else here only watches 1 ep per week? (1 Viewer)

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia

Jeff Willis and Everyone:

I admire Jeff’s dedication to cataloging the “watched vs. unwatched” with an Excel spreadsheet. I know I'd have difficulty keeping it current.

As I might have 2 dozen or more sets at various states of completion at any given time, I opt for a much more low-tech solution.

I simply take a 2” by 1.5” Yellow Post-It Pad and affix it onto the box, case, or package at the point (episode, selection, etc.) in the content listing that I am up to. This works for almost everything from the pages of Walt Disney Treasures booklets, to the backs of FOX plastic cases, to the interiors of WHV cardboard packages.

This works for almost everything, except an atrocious package like that of CBS Paramount’s THE INVADERS, where, the fifth disc COVERS UP the content notes for the fourth and fifth disc!

Don’t cha think they could at least allow us to read all of the content notes, without removing a disc? Don’t cha think?

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I watch my sets one disc at a time and if I have more than one set unwatched, then I will usually alternate between series or sets. If I really get intro a series I'm watching, then I will finish off the season set, like I just did with Doogie Howser. I usually watch 1 episode (or 2 or 3 22 minute episodes) at breakfast, then 2 or 3 episodes around dinner, depending on how early I get my work done, then 2 or 3 episodes at night. I don't have set hours for work. I also just leave the discs in the player, with the power off, until I'm done with the disc. I'm really behind on my new sets, so I haven't been able to re-watch my older sets yet other than 3 of them.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Yeah, that is the best idea. I take sheets of white typing paper, tear it into little strips and write down the disc # and episode name...put that inside the box. Works every time! For the longest time I wasn't doing that since I was used to having just a few series on DVD. Now that my library is insane I have no choice.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Joe,

Thanks but it's more like necessity instead of dedication :laugh: I have about 65 sets in progress. I wonder if that's a TV/DVD forum record? :eek: Since I only print out the sheet weekly, it works out fairly well. I update the printout during the week with a pen and on the weekend, transfer that to the PC file.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I never said that I watch the complete season in one sitting. I usually just watch one disk at a time. It usually takes me about a week to work through a complete season ... and I alternate between different shows ... but I do watch an entire disk at a time ...

Oh, and there is wear and tear on drive. Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Pretty Much as soon as I recieve a new set I convert it over to be played on either my Archos 405, 605, or Zune. I watch quite a few eps at lunch, or before I go to bed. I would never have the time to watch all the TV stuff I had If I restricted it to TV Time.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I Place a Bookmark between the Pages the disk I am using is on, that way I do not forget which episodes I have watched and inadvertantly watch a "Rerun" :laugh:

Sammy-G

Stunt Coordinator
I don't stick to a schedule, but like OP I only watch 1 episode of any given show per week. One night I really got into an episode of Ally McBeal and I wanted to see where a particular story arc was going, so I watched a second episode the same night. Afterwards I felt guilty and a little bit dirty. Haven't done it since. :P

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Serial Episodes not withstanding, (These are watched One Chapter each Week) if an Episode is a Two-Parter I'll watch both of them Back-To-Back, Otherwise it's One Episode per Week.:cool:

Oh yes, there is the Occaisional "Pre-Emption" for "Specials" (A Night out on the Town, Vacation, and the Appropiate Holiday-Themed Programs (Biblical Movies at Eastertime, War Movies on Memorial Day Weekend, Americana-Themed Programs around Independance Day, Spooky Programs around Halloween and CHRISTmas-Themed Programs between Thanksgiving and Xmas!):D

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

Sure. Players are just breaking down all over the place due to people opening the sliding tray to change discs more frequently than usual. Sure.

wh5916

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William Hicks

I love your response. My seven year old Panasonic DVD player would probably be screaming obscenities at me if it could talk...but it chugs along without complaint, after Heaven knows how many load/unload cycles.

Kenneth V

Stunt Coordinator

Same here....I have a Samsung S222 since 2002 and it still runs great. I watch a disc or 2 at a time, but don't leave them in the drive. I take out the disc when I'm done. I don't mind waiting through logos like Paramount or Universal. I'll key up a DVD....while it's loading I will finish paying bills, eating dinner, etc. The next thing you know....the main menu is up! :)

DavidHAN

Agent

65 sets in progress is awesome diversity.
Not a record from the total I just counted of my sets in current rotation. (ie-when the feeling strikes I watch)

83 ladies and gentlemen. Thank you very much. The fans go WILD!! haha

Montytc

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Montavon
You guys are amazing. I keep 8 or 10 sets going at one time and I feel like the guy doing the spinning plates on the Ed Sullivan show:)

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator
I prefer mathoning a tv set until done. Then working my way through the series. I like stay focused on one show before going onto the next. Watching season 3 of Alias actually was better then I recalled because of the continous flow.

DavidHAN

Agent

I agree with the flow of Alias and some other shows. Alias for sure is a, watch till the season is over type show. You just have to see what happens next. Dead Zone does that too me also. It doesn't have the same flow as Alias, but it seems to get me watching more than a couple when I do watch. Any 24 season is also a finish first before anything else.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Yes, on some sets it's almost essential. I watched seasons 1-3 of Buffy in 3 days. I think that's some sort of record.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks