What's new

Which is better? SVS PC-Ultra or an SVS PB2-Plus (1 Viewer)

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Hey guys I need some advice. I have a SVS 20-39PCi which I've had since Oct. 2003 and I love it. Since than the SVS bass bug bit me and now I want more! My original idea a few months back was to purchase another SVS 20-39PCi but now I decided I want even more! So I've decided to sell the PCi and purchase either a PC-Ultra or a PB2-Plus. First off are there any good threads anyone can recommend comparing the two? Honestly when is the better of the two? My thoughts are the Ultra will go lower but not sound as loud and that the PB2-Plus will sound louder but not go as low. Is my thinking true or can a PB2 go as low with calibration? I prefer lower hitting bass. I would like to get a PB2 but I have this fear that it won't hit as low. I know about the port plugs but from what I've read people prefer them without or one port pluged for 20Hz. Please help me decide.

ScottCarr

Second Unit
What are your goals and what is the size of the room.

Let me say, after having both in a rather small HT I prefer the PCU. Now if you are looking for the high SPL the PB2+. For a slightly more defined bass producer PCU.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't upgrade your sub unless you're reaching near it's limits (bottoming out, extreme port noise, distortion)

Are you?

Perhaps the rest of your system could do with something higher quality (external amplifcation)..or maybe more DVD's?

Johnal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnal
Ferdinand,
I too have been debating between the two as to which one I prefer. I won't be placing any orders until the end of the month or early June, but here's a thread where people helped answer some questions I had. (Hopefully I can link it correctly. Doing my homework on subs.
Hope this helps.

-Johnal

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Thanks to those that answered and a special thank you to Johnal. That thread answered all my questions. I will definitely be buying a PC-Ultra once I get the funds together.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Ferdinand,

If you are going to upgrade, buy the Ultra and I can haul my PB2+ on over and we can compare them in your room. If, for any reason, you'd rather have the PB2+, SVS does have that nice return policy.

Personally, I think you are making the right choice, especially for your room. You'll get the better driver, plus your room is small enough that you really don't need the extra SPLs of the PB2+. Of course, it's all subjective.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks