What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Where is the 2 disc R1 Resident Evil? (1 Viewer)

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Usually they release the tie-in DVD a month earlier than the movie (the Spider-Man Superbit for example).

So if there's going to be a 2-disc RE it will most likely be released early August.

Hellboy will be released on July 27th and has already been announced - so a RE announcement (or at least some unofficial info) should come any day.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Shawn DuHast

Stunt Coordinator
I too am waiting for the 2 disc with 2nd and supposedly sensible commentary track with Dir & Special Effects guy.
I even held off buying the Australian R4 which is the same as the R1 Sp Ed and HAS DTS as well!!...
sort of SuperBit Deluxe maybe..........;)

Also what happened to the Event Horizon Special Ed Paul has said he's done commentary track for etc......

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I thought I remember PA saying that there was some that cut out. Not a huge amount of gore but some. Also, what does the Hellboy release have to with this release at all?
Thanks

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I've been wondering about this AND the worked upon Special Edition Director's Cut to Event Horizon. Quite puzzling since I read this awhile back and was wondering whether or not to sell my current single disc of Resident Evil and anticipation of the 2-Disc Director's Cut or should I just keep it until I hear something more official?
Interesting.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
According to the CTHE website it doesn't come out on the 3rd or the 10th of August - that only leaves the 17th or the 24th (which would be a bit late since the second one is released on September 10th).

Could it be possible? Columbia Tristar missing a chance to double-dip (or triple-dip for the people who believe in Superbit)?

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
I've held off buying RE because of all this 'missing second commentary' stuff, but if Columbia aren't going to bother with a re-release then I might as well give in and get me a current version. That German version looks pretty tasty. Or will Columbia (surprisingly) wait until the sequel hits DVD to release another DVD of RE?

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
If Columbia is going to announce a 2 disc SE of RE, I think it would be announced as a tie-in that would be released very near the release of RE2. Then again, they could also release a SE of RE just after RE2 hits theaters.

We just have to wait and see.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Perhaps they will release it with RE2's dvd release. Taking the wait and see approach about this one by chance.
Thanks

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Picture might be the same but the DTS sound track it better, hey has Tristar ever put a DTS track on a NON-Superbit DVD? DTS the the only reason I buy Superbit 90% of the time.
Believe it or not, I believe Tristar's non-superbit release of Monster features a DTS track. Amazing I know...

SteveCallas

Second Unit
I have read conflicting reviews on the Superbit edition. Some say there is no difference in the picture quality and very little in audio, another says the picture is noticably better, with brighter and better colors, and the DTS track even has more bass. Those who own, or at one time did own both, any comments on this? Normally I would always go for the Superbit, and I am a DTS fan, but on this movie it seems there may be no difference. I really don't care about extras, but there is a large difference in price between the two, is the Superbit any better?

SteveCallas

Second Unit
I have read conflicting reviews on the Superbit edition. Some say there is no difference in the picture quality and very little in audio, another says the picture is noticably better, with brighter and better colors, and the DTS track even has more bass. Those who own, or at one time did own both, any comments on this? Normally I would always go for the Superbit, and I am a DTS fan, but on this movie it seems there may be no difference. I really don't care about extras, but there is a large difference in price between the two, is the Superbit any better?

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
The CTHE website has been updated and they don't list a new Resident Evil version for the 17th, 24th or 31st of August - so unless they release the new DVD in the same week that RE2 hits cinemas there's not going to be a new version.

So Columbia Tristar actually lets an opportunity to double-dip pass by.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
The CTHE website has been updated and they don't list a new Resident Evil version for the 17th, 24th or 31st of August - so unless they release the new DVD in the same week that RE2 hits cinemas there's not going to be a new version.

So Columbia Tristar actually lets an opportunity to double-dip pass by.

MattHR

Screenwriter
This week's issue of Video Store magazine has an ad from Columbia featuring cover art for the new SE editions of RESIDENT EVIL and CHRISTINE listed as "coming soon".

MattHR

Screenwriter
This week's issue of Video Store magazine has an ad from Columbia featuring cover art for the new SE editions of RESIDENT EVIL and CHRISTINE listed as "coming soon".

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Anything on the cover of RE that indicates that it's a different version of the movie?
'Extended', 'Unrated', 'Director's Cut' or something like that?

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Anything on the cover of RE that indicates that it's a different version of the movie?
'Extended', 'Unrated', 'Director's Cut' or something like that?

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
On the DVDTalk thread about this someone posted an ad for this.

It's going to be a 'Deluxe Edition' (which doesn't sound good) and according to one shop it'll be released on September the 7th.

There's a picture of the cover and it says only 'Deluxe Edition' - no 'Extended', 'Uncut' or 'Unrated' anywhere on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks