What's new

Where is Mary Tyler Moore Season 5? (2 Viewers)

JonathanBB

Stunt Coordinator
I'm the same. I own all four seasons of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, but I am behind one season on The Bob Newhart Show.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I am up-to-date on both series, even though I am behind in watching them. I hope both series will be released to their complete series.

moogaboo

Agent
Real Name
John H.
No one, I'm afraid. They tried what they could, each season sold less and less, and now it's over. :frowning:

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
That really sucks, if this is true. I was looking forward to completing all the seasons for this great series. I think they owe that to the people who have faithfully purchased all four seasons, to date.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
remember that when they have the 2 for 1 Fox boxset sale, to pick up copies as gifts for friends.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Watching the MTM reunion on Oprah got me thinking about season 5,6 and 7.
Any word. Has anyone seen anything or heard anything?

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Every time I see this thread reserrected I hope it is news of the release of the final three seasons. I am really bummed that I may never get the complete series of this and the Bob Newhart Show, my two most favorite sitcoms of all time.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Oprah supposedly gave out copies of the first four season DVDs to audience members of that show, and the seasons 1-4 combined gift pack shot up like a rocket on Amazon.com so we'll just wait and see.

You know, couldn't the studio just write off any losses on their taxes?

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Maybe it's just going to be another 3 year wait, if so we can look for season 5 around July 09, then we'll be all done in summer '10, only 8 years later...

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
I'd be quite content with that, at least we would know it would be coming out. Seriously though I think FOX is the WORST studio ever for TV on DVD. Anyone else agree?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

And you obviously know this because you're looking at internal Fox profit and loss documents. Since you have access to this information, would you care to post it for the rest of us to look at?

:)

Joe

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Is there a even a glimmer of hope for season 5 to be released? After looking at the way it has been doing in the amazon sales since to Oprah televised reunion it climbed and climbed and climbed, hitting the best sellers list peaking at around 40 I think, could have even been higher. And I'm not on about season 4, I am on about the complete bundle of seasons 1-4...
The set was selling at around 1000ish last week but now when I just looked it was 890.. I know amazon is just one retailer but surely this huge upswing of sales will prove to FOX that if they properly gave it enough publicity like Oprah obviously did, the show would sell very well???
Will this upswing convince them to put out the reamining seasons? I really hope so because I have never seen them...

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
There was a posting at TVShowsOnDVD.com about a month ago (and there's a thread in the TV DVD Software forum with the link) about Shout! possibly picking up some abandoned titles to complete the sets, beginning this fall IIRC. I believe Shout! did the fantastic "Dick Van Dyke Show" sets several years back. No specific titles were mentioned in the article, but the impression was that there would be some people that would be EXTREMELY happy when the titles are officially announced.

EDIT:
here's the thread! http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...eres-hope.html

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Shout! had nothing to do with The Dick Van Dyke Show. That was an Image release. The releases that have been announced are Universal-owned, however.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Shout! has announced plans for at least one abandonded FOX series, Son of the Beach. Not that it means anything for MTM, but it shows they do have some relationship with the company.

FrosteyV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Villafana

Sorry, I'd have to give that award to Warner Bros. They have been sitting on Private Eye and Western Gold forever (Cheyenne, Bronco, Sugarfoot, Maverick, 77 Sunset Strip, Surfside 6, Bourbon St. Beat, Lawman, etc) with NO intention of ever releasing or even licensing it out to anyone. They are the worst, hands down in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks