What's new

Where do you get your DVDs from? (1 Viewer)

Christina-K

Agent

Well I'm still waiting for an order from them that was supposedly shipped on 29th July! The email said allow 10-20 business days but as this is day 18, I'm sure it would have been here by now. Have emailed them to see what they say. Don't think I'll bother with them in future!

Ike

Screenwriter
Deepdiscountdvd.com usually does go towards the end of the estimated time. In the US it says 5-10 days, and it usually takes 11 business days for my DVDs to arrive. Their 2-day shipping, in the US, is accurate and they usually are the cheapest. I would not be concerned that it has taken 18 days if they told you it could take up to 20.

Irina

Second Unit
Real Name
Irina
I also noticed that deepdiscountdvds.com is not the fastest one to deliver the DVDs. They package well and their prices, for the most part, are the best, even though I have to pay the sales tax. I also use dvdpricesearch.com http://www.dvdfr.com./index.php to find the best prices. I will absolutely not use DVDSoon.com located in Canada. They do not pack well and they do not credit your credit card in case of refund. One gets stuck with the store credit. This is not good enough for me.

Christina-K

Agent
Well I placed an order with dvdlegacyuk from amazon marketplace on 21st August and it took them till 31st August to acknowledge it. They said it would be shipped within 2 business days so it should arrive fairly soon. They are defintiely not as quick off the mark as caimanusa.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Anyone ever ordered from Amazon.de - their German website?

I placed an order for a handfull of limited edition DVD's about 2 weeks ago that were all indicated as being available and in stock.

But they still haven't shipped out and now in my account status... I'm seeing an estimate of mid-October!!!

I've placed many orders with Amazon.com before and anything that was not pre-order and currently available, had shipped out to me within days!

The part that really worries me... is that upon checking back on the listings, at least one of the items now seems to be out of stock and no longer available.

It was NOT sold out when I placed the order though, in fact it was still listed as available for days after!

But the fact that it's now out of stock on the listing page and my order still hasn't shipped after 2 weeks and I have a shipping estimate of mid-October has me really worried!

I can't send them an email to inquire because I don't speak a word of German...

Has anyone has any experience with Amazon's website outside of the US U& UK?

Do you think I will have a problem here or is this normal?

Please give me some advice.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Something like that once happened to me with Amazon.com as well. But the German branch works almost exactly like the US version, so if necessary you should receive e-mails about it - unfortunately in German, of course.

Indeed, if you want to contact them, try writing English. They may be able to reply in the same language.

Cees

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys,

The problem is - I tried responding to their confirmation email but it is an automatice message and I can't figure out how to get in touch with customer service due to their site being in German and all...

Would anyone happen to have a customer service email contact for Amazon.de that I could try?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Btw Cees, what ever became of your order with Amazon.com when you experienced something similar?

Thanks!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Marco,

The case was slightly different, but after a few days I received an e-mail that article xxx was out of stock and (because I had chosen for the whole order to be delivered as one package) the order would be delayed to date yyyyy. Then I received another message basically saying the same again, now with a new and later date, but this time I could choose to split the shipment without altering the costs (which I didn't do).

Finally everything arrived nicely, although much later than originally predicted.

If you want us to translate the basic message of a German e-mail you received, just post it here (preferably in a thread of your own) and many members will be able to help you. If you're familiar with the standard e-mails sent by amazon.com: they're practically identical.

Cees

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Cees,

I use Altavista Babel Fish to get the basics of what's going on...

I just hope there won't be any issues since these were "Limited Editions" and likely won't be so easy to restock.

Here's the latest automated email I received from Amazon yesterday:

Guten Tag!

Wir gruessen Sie ganz herzlich. Zu Ihrer Amazon.de-Bestellung gibt es
Neuigkeiten.

Der Preis des folgenden Titels hat sich verringert:

Jake Gyllenhaal (Darsteller), et al "Donnie Darko - Director's Cut"
[DVD]
OLD PRICE NEW PRICE
EUR 24,13 EUR 15,51

Ihre Kreditkarte bzw. Ihr Bankkonto wird mit dem niedrigeren Preis
belastet.

Hier sehen Sie den aktuellen Stand Ihrer Bestellung:

1 Jake Gyllenhaal (Darsteller), et al: "Donnie Darko (Collector's
Edition, 2 DVDs in TinBox)"
Diesen Artikel führen wir nicht oder nicht mehr.

1 Audrey Tautou (Darsteller), et al: "Amélie - Collector´s Edition"
Versandfertig in 24 Stunden

1 Jake Gyllenhaal (Darsteller), et al: "Donnie Darko - Director's
Cut"
Preis hat sich verringert

Bei Rückfragen sind wir immer gerne für Sie da. Wir danken für Ihren
Besuch!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

From what I roughly understood, everything seems to be fine. I think it's just indicating that there was a recent price reduction on one of the items placed after I ordered which will be honored on my charge. Does that seem to be the case? Nothing about unavailable items?

Thanks for all the help!!!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
They say they no longer have the 2 DVD Tin Box version of Donnie Darko, that Amélie is ready to be sent and that the price of the DC version of Donnie Darko has been lowered (24.13 Euros to 15.51 Euros).

A Euro is still about $1.22, I guess.

They also say they will adjust the amount (appropriately lower it) they will charge to your credit card.

Hope this helps!

Cees

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks a lot Cees,

When I placed the order for DD though, it was still available (obviously!) and had been days later...

What happens now?

To my knowledge, it was a LE. release but they do not indicate that it will be cancelled from my order?

Is it possible that they will have still placed a set aside for me or is it unlikely?

This is really frustrating!!

I don't understand how this makes sense... either they don't have the set available and will cancel it from my order since it is a limited release and is unlikely they'll be able to obtain more and should ship out the rest of the order... or send what is available!

Why am I waiting until mid-October (estimated) for shipping if they cannot send this one set but everything else is available?

Is it possible they will receive more stock somehow?

:confused:

Thanks for all your help Cees!!!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Marco,

You're welcome.

And perhaps they just received word that the tin box isn't coming their way, or not as much as they hoped for / pre-ordered.
Or even not available at all.

It happened with The Trail of the Pink Panther, which was announced, I pre-ordered it from amazon.com and then they said "not (yet) available" and altered the price. Looking at other sites, I found out that it won't be there from Warner - not currently, at least.

Cees

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks a lot,

The annoying thing is - it wasn't a pre-order!

The sets were definitely made available, but they must've just taken more orders than they could fill which is what bothers me because I saw this set available an entire week after my order had apparently processed.

I don't understand why they haven't cancelled the item from my order though, and shipped out the rest of the items. That email notification was not very clear, it says the set is currently unavailable but does that just mean that it's unavailable on their site or I won't be getting one...

I wish I could figure out how to contact Amazon.de to inquire about this order... if everything else is available and they do not plan on sending this one set, it shouldn;t take over a month just to post!

So I have to wonder what is going on than...

Anyways, sorry for hijacking this thread and thanks again for all the help!!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
means: currently we do not, or no longer, carry this item.

It doesn't give any hint why, or if it's coming back in stock.

If they just received less than they expected, or didn't receive it at all, or sold out while no more is coming, or expect a new batch at an (as yet) undetermined time, they would say the same thing in all those cases.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks