What's new

Where can I rent a lottery drawing machine? (1 Viewer)

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Everyone,
This is kind of a strange request... I'm looking to rent a lottery drawing machine for a presentation I'm doing next week. I'm talking about the type of thing they use for Lotto 6/49, that spins the numbered balls, as seen here:
http://www.garronlottery.com/theShamrock.htm
Does anyone know a place that would be able to rent me one of these? A gaming company, or perhaps a prop rental warehouse? Just looking for a starting point on this one. I'm located in Toronto, Canada but don't mind driving / shipping something.
Thanks in advance!
Bob

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Those machines are usually only offered to Lotteries. They are extrememly expensive and are customized by Garons (or others) for a specific game/lottery system. I do not know of any place that rents them out, which would seem prohibitive given the cost and relative lack of demand outside of their official use. There may also be a security concern if they were to be sold/rented to a layman. Given the strict auditing of machines used in drawings, I would imagine Garons et al would not want their technology viewed and/or studied by the general public. The closest you may get to a lottery machine is to check local rentals for Bingo supplies. I do not know what your presentation entails, but Bingo machines are similar and are much easier to find and rent.

Good luck,

Jeff (who knows a bit about Lotteries)

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Jeff, for your very helpful message. I guess I'll try to track down a bingo machine.

Any idea where I should start (bingo in the yellow pages?) Any particular brands / manufacturers / machines that you can recommend?

Thanks!

Bob

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Any idea where I should start (bingo in the yellow pages?) Any particular brands / manufacturers / machines that you can recommend?
Look under Bingo Supplies in the Yellow Pages to start. I can't really recommend any particualr machine (not really my forte), but the one that would more closely resemble a lottery machine would be air driven instead of a tumble type. These are usually used in the larger Bingo halls.

Nancy Machel

Auditioning
Real Name
Nancy
Hi Bob,
Were you successful in finding a lottery drum? I'm looking the the same thing for a television commercial. The brass drums and other raffle drums aren't what I'm after - the ones with the balls is what we need. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much, Nancy.

Nancy Machel

Auditioning
Real Name
Nancy
Hi Bob,
Were you successful in finding a lottery drum? I'm looking the the same thing for a television commercial. The brass drums and other raffle drums aren't what I'm after - the ones with the balls is what we need. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much, Nancy.

keck

Auditioning
Real Name
Susan
Bob, Did you ever find a place to rent one of those lottery drawing machines. I also need to rent one and cannot find one. Thanks. Susan

Stan

Senior HTF Member
keck said:
Bob, Did you ever find a place to rent one of those lottery drawing machines. I also need to rent one and cannot find one. Thanks. Susan
Good luck finding one. I know where I live, Washington state, it's all random number computer generated stuff now, no machines any longer with a ping-pong ball falling into a slot. They're probably becoming more rare as time goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks