Where can I rent a lottery drawing machine?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Bob Movies, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Bob Movies

Bob Movies Stunt Coordinator

Hi Everyone,
    This is kind of a strange request... I'm looking to rent a lottery drawing machine for a presentation I'm doing next week. I'm talking about the type of thing they use for Lotto 6/49, that spins the numbered balls, as seen here:
    http://www.garronlottery.com/theShamrock.htm
    Does anyone know a place that would be able to rent me one of these? A gaming company, or perhaps a prop rental warehouse? Just looking for a starting point on this one. I'm located in Toronto, Canada but don't mind driving / shipping something.
    Thanks in advance!
    Bob

2. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

Those machines are usually only offered to Lotteries. They are extrememly expensive and are customized by Garons (or others) for a specific game/lottery system. I do not know of any place that rents them out, which would seem prohibitive given the cost and relative lack of demand outside of their official use. There may also be a security concern if they were to be sold/rented to a layman. Given the strict auditing of machines used in drawings, I would imagine Garons et al would not want their technology viewed and/or studied by the general public. The closest you may get to a lottery machine is to check local rentals for Bingo supplies. I do not know what your presentation entails, but Bingo machines are similar and are much easier to find and rent.

Good luck,

Jeff (who knows a bit about Lotteries)

3. Bob Movies

Bob Movies Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Jeff, for your very helpful message. I guess I'll try to track down a bingo machine.

Any idea where I should start (bingo in the yellow pages?) Any particular brands / manufacturers / machines that you can recommend?

Thanks!

Bob

4. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

5. Nancy Machel

Nancy Machel Auditioning

Hi Bob,
    Were you successful in finding a lottery drum? I'm looking the the same thing for a television commercial. The brass drums and other raffle drums aren't what I'm after - the ones with the balls is what we need. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much, Nancy.

6. Nancy Machel

Nancy Machel Auditioning

Hi Bob,
    Were you successful in finding a lottery drum? I'm looking the the same thing for a television commercial. The brass drums and other raffle drums aren't what I'm after - the ones with the balls is what we need. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much, Nancy.

7. keck

keck Auditioning

Bob, Did you ever find a place to rent one of those lottery drawing machines. I also need to rent one and cannot find one. Thanks. Susan

8. Stan

Stan Producer
    Supporter

Good luck finding one. I know where I live, Washington state, it's all random number computer generated stuff now, no machines any longer with a ping-pong ball falling into a slot. They're probably becoming more rare as time goes on.