What's new

Whats wrong with my Cocktail DVD? (1 Viewer)

Hey there

I have recently had a few problems with Beuna Vista DVD releases.
Can't Buy Me Love had the same problem, so i sent it back.
When I insert my cocktail DVD into the DVD player it wont play and it comes up C:13:00

It looks like there is a faded circle patch on the back of the DVD.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Fred, did it ever play correctly before?

If this is a new disc, then it's probably defective, it's possible BVHE's pressing plant got some bad blanks

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
C 13:00.....I take it that you are using a Sony player? This is your first sign that your DVD player is on its last legs. If it follows the pattern that mine and hundreds of others listed on audioreview.com it will soon be refusing to recognize any disc at all. You can realign the laser, but chances are poor for your prognosis.

Check the disc on a different player before sending it back.

Alrite Jeff. Ye it played fine before.

Mark, ye it is a sony DVD player. I will check it on a different player and let you know. All my other discs are playing fine though.

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
good call Mark. my Sony was the same way. my dvds continued to play after that....but not past the layer change without freezing. back to the Cocktail problem...it's either that or delamination. poorly manufactured discs are starting to show up more and more now. someone important and influential will address this issue one day....hopefully before it gets too late. I suggest a leader at this forum start to focus on this issue and stop blaming paranoia.

also, please kids, lets try these discs on more than one player before starting this type of thread. or maybe it's me, but I cringe and double-over everytime I see yet another person with a shotty dvd. better yet, try 3 players including dvdrom or videogame system. make sure it's the disc, which you can do on your own:D .

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Hmm, I got the 13:00 error from my Sony DVP-S300 on the Canadian eXistenZ DVD. Bought it in '98. Wonder if this is a sign. Not sure if it's the disc or not, but it sounds like it might be approaching a time when a player upgrade is necessary (at least it'll be at half the cost of when I bought the first one).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks