What's new

Whats the take on the RXV3300. (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Adam.Gonsman

Stunt Coordinator
Benjamin,
I'll have owned my RX-V3300 for two weeks tomorrow (Feb 1st). I love it to death. It's built like a tank and sings like an angel. Since I've only had it for two weeks, I can't testify yet to its reliability. But I can testify that it sounds absolutely spectacular.

Plenty of power with exceptional clarity. Truely brings my Mirage Om-10's to life.

My only complaint for it is that it doesn't seem to be the most tweakable receiver in it's price range. I'm pretty sure it's lacking equalization for the seperate channels. At least I haven't found it yet. I've only found an equalizer for the center to bring it into tone with the mains if needed. There are bass and treble nobs for the mains, but this doesn't give quite the same control. In it's defense though, it seems to have a very solid even power rating across the board so it doesn't need equalized to be "forced" into pushing more power at the lower end like some receivers do. Of course if your speakers need more than a little tonal coercing to get the sound you want, this could still be a problem.

There are a number of useful DSP modes. The 70mm film modes really do present a very nice wide sound stage for movies. Likewise if you're into classical music, the Hall modes (which simulate various real world concert halls in Europe and the US) are particularly impressive compared to some of these on other brands I demoed.

I haven't had the chance to try true 8.1 with it yet. That's waiting till I buy new mains and shift my existing speakers around to different positions. I've heard good things though. I'm sure someone else can elaborate more.

I've heard more than one person downing the remote. It's not the most stylish thing to have sitting on the coffee table, but I don't find it cumbersome or clumbsy like reports I've heard. The layout seems reasonbly easy to get used to also.

Also, you may want to think about bananna clips for you speaker cable. I use bare wire for my surrounds and I had a heck of a time getting it in the binding posts compared to my old Sony receiver. The field of posts seems particularly close together on the Yamaha.

Hope that helps. It's not a flawless unit (I don't think any are), but overall, a wonderful piece. I would definately buy it again if I had it to do over.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks