What's the best mail order rental option, like Netflix?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Russell Volz, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Russell Volz

Russell Volz Agent

We haven't watched TV since 1981, so I'm really enjoying the DVDs on our new HT front projector system. I want to rent the DVD first and if I like it, then buy the DVD later. Two questions:

1. What is the best on-line DVD rental company?
    2. What is the best on-line DVD purchase company?

Thanks,

Russell

2. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins

With the new lower-prices for preorders, free shipping, and sponsorship of HTF, I'd have to say Laser's Edge.

Jeff

3. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

If you order from Laser's Edge though, use this link so that the HTF gets credit for directing you to their site.

4. jon_ad

jon_ad Stunt Coordinator

I've used both Walmart dvd rentals and NetFlix. I think that Netflix is the better with more available titles and the ability to get a lot of titles that Walmart won't carry-ie more independent films.

5. Sami Kallio

Sami Kallio Screenwriter

I haven't used Walmart but a few friend have. The problem is their distribution centers are not local like in most cases with Netflix. That adds a day or two for the delivery and return times. With Netflix, when I put the return envelope in mailbox Monday, I will have a replacement disc by Wednesday.

6. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Depending on where you live, and how important speed and cost are to you, you might want to check out Greencine, which is the one I use.