What's new at Stryke?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Craig Woodhall, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Craig Woodhall

Craig Woodhall Supporting Actor

Just starting a new thread seeing what is up with John J and the team at stryke.com.. Any new driver or PR info John?

2. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

3. Steve Hanna

Steve Hanna Agent

Once John get's completely set up in his new shop, it should really start kickin'. Has excellent bang-for-the-buck values.

4. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

I'm looking into building a nice pair of sealed 2-way speakers for my grandparents with the Stryke 7" glass-fiber midbass and a SA-RTW2 ribbon tweeter for coolness factor. It will be cool because both drivers will be yellow, and the enclosure is going to be glossy black with a black grille so you can see the yellow behind the grille. My grandparents had a pair of old Rectilinears that are starting to noticeably show their age. The Strykes should sound worlds better with the reciever's Loudness control switched on.

What do people here think of the Stryke 7" midbasses as far as bass extension and sound quality?

5. Chris Carswell

Chris Carswell Supporting Actor

Rory,
    I'll L.Y.K. I just ordered 8 of those and 5 SA-TW1 tweeters. I'm designing a super duper 5.1 budget system. The SA-RTW2 ribbon tweeter was what I wanted to use but due to $$$ it was out of the question. That and the CTC distance would be too great for my MTM mains & center. It would work fine for a bookshelf TM though. I plan to do a BIG web page for this project as well as my sub. If you wan't me to send you full specs & plans now, email me & I will send it to you [​IMG]
    I am a little pee'd though.....Online shipping didn't get my complete order correct & I have not heard from John about it since Friday. I'll call or email him AGAIN tomorrow.

6. Chris,
    John is often (I know he is now) very busy. He gets tons of emails and it takes him a while to get through them. Your best bet is to call him. That is what most people do if they want a quick responce.

7. Chris Carswell

I'm not real worried. I'm was just used to the quick responses I was getting from him for the first week or so of emails. I'll give him a buzz.

8. Jeff Rosz

Jeff Rosz Second Unit

hey chris,
    tell us more about your budget stryke 5.1's. i am very interested.

9. Chris Carswell

Hey Jeff Rosz,
    I'm starting to build my D.I.Y. web page now. I don't have any pics of the parts b/c they haven't arrived yet but I will try to get as much done as poss before hand that way I can just plug it all together later. It will be similar to Pat Sun's page with pics, tips, and instructions on building my sub and speakers as well as other projects. I will send you over some stuff now if you wan't. Same for you Jim Peitersen [​IMG]
    Still no word from Stryke on my order.........[​IMG]

10. Here is something from an email on 6/12. I don't think this uses the improved underhung motor or now. Perhaps they were concieved before it. Anyways, here is something that will eventually rear its beastie head.

11. Chris Carswell

Not to get too off subject but has anyone got an email from John or spoke to him recently? I've emailed him several times at both addresses as well as called the shop and his cell. Both times leaving messages and still nothing ............

12. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

You guys see that Kyle is going to carry the Stryke stuff?
    http://www.acoustic-visions.com/Strykedrivers.htm
    And check out John's latest version of his Thunder 12:
    [​IMG]
    Wow.

13. Jack, known about that for a little bit[​IMG]
    but it will be nice to be able to get almost anything you want just from Kyle[​IMG]
    ...and yes, John has a phone in his Cell...but Bubba gets jealous when he uses it [​IMG]

14. Chris Carswell

Talked to John today. My stuff got out Tuesday so nothing but the PE & Zaltron order to play with this weekend. I can build my xovers & finish my sub at least. He is super busy & about 100 emails behind if anyone dropped him a line. So, no worries [​IMG] I did get him to BS a bit about his new TC subs. They sound F'n great. He also has some full range speakers in the mix that should be coming soon. Lots of R&D and prototypes, $ going out, not in. If the subs are as good as he says they are that will surely change. I'll get busy on my DIY page this weekend for all who are interested.

15. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Chris,

I need to call John also. I ordered a 12" PR 2 weeks ago yesterday and it's yet to arrive.

Brian

16. Brian...is that for the TB 8"er?

17. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Tony,
    [​IMG]