What's new

What would you like to see released on DVD/VHS ? (1 Viewer)

MikeAW

Second Unit
I'm currently on a British Tv fix and looking at the

"Absolutely Fabulous" DVD box set. As well I just picked up the "Fawlty Towers" DVD box set, so I'm pretty well set.

I would love to see the British Tv series "As Time Goes By" on DVD, and I'm holding out for MASH DVD set in January !

I would LOVE to see the complete seasons of "Cheers" and "Hogans Heroes"...and AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, the remaining seasons of "The Simpsons", and "Beavis and Butthead" on DVD.

What would you like to see released ?

MikeAW

Second Unit
Gord,

Thanks so much for the information!

I just finished the 3 DVD's of show material and I have never been so thoroughly entertained. Even the outtakes for each season are entertaining!

I only wish it were possible to get the French & Saunders tapes on DVD.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Babylon 5!

Babylon 5!

Babylon 5!

Oh, and um, let's see, what else...

Oh yeah, Babylon 5!

They're coming out with the pilot and one of movies this month, with no further plans. Ok, just two more movies and 110 episodes left!

Bryan

Stunt Coordinator
Babylon 5!
I couldn't agree more except to say "Widescreen Babylon 5"!

Other than those, everything else I wanted right away has been anounced with one exception...

The Thin Man series. I picked up the Criterion Collection of My Man Godfrey, which is a great DVD, but for William Powel I'd rather see The Thin Man released.

MikeAW

Second Unit
Bryan, How about the WHOLE film series....there wasn't a stinker in the bunch ?

I wonder why Universal is holding out...they all came out on VHS.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I'd love to see:

Millennuim (I hear that's in the works)

Miami Vice

Nowhere Man

Lone Gunmen

Freaky Links

Beavis & Butthead

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Bryan, if they do release B5, I must assume it will be in anamorphic widescreen. When creating masters for the sci-fi channel's reruns, they made them high-definition, with the added bonus of making anamorphic widescreen DVDs of the eps that much easier.

They've already done that with In the Beginning.

Charles Bober

Stunt Coordinator
I'd have to go with Seinfeld, 1st and 10, & Dream On (the latter 2 being '80's HBO series). I'd buy complete season box sets for all of them. Of course Friends but in season box sets as well (HINT, HINT). No "Best Of's" in my household!!! The Johnny Carson set I bought as a Christmas gift for my mom doesn't count ;)
Oh, another one popped into my head. Call To Glory with Craig T. Nelson. Excellent series that originally appeared on ABC.
Damn, another one. Ok 2 more. Crime Story with Dennis Farina and Wiseguy with Ken Wahl and a deranged Kevin Spacey (both CBS shows IIRC).
That's all I can think of right now.

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
What TV shows do I want to see on DVD?

Blake's 7

Babylon 5 (widescreen of course)

Vicar of Dibley

Doctor Who (more than the current 3 discs)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks