What's new
World Wide Stereo

What to do with DEAD Plasma Screen? (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
It's a PHILIPS Ambilight DCR (Pixel Plus 2) HDTV -- I think it's the 42PF9630A model.

I'm not willing to spend the money to get it fixed.

Basically, as of last week, the screen split in half and a black bar now splits the image with snow and static above and below and a distorted image in between.

I'm purchasing a new TV anyways and am looking to get rid of this. It cost thousands of dollars brand new.

What could I do with this set and is there any way to make a few dollars? Are there companies that will buy it back for parts?

I'm going to post in the classifieds and offer it for literally next to nothing if somebody wanted to come by and pick this up.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with dead Plasma screens? Does it sound like it's finished by the description above and would it be possible to salvage or not without big cost? What have others done when their Plasmas bit the dust?

728x90

Adam_R

Second Unit
It's worth contacting Philips to see what they charge to fix it.

Sometimes companies are REALLY cool and will fix stuff for free out of warranty.

It's happened to me more than once. Call them.

chuckg

Supporting Actor
It might not be that expensive to replace some of the electronics...it's the plasma screen itself that costs...millions of yen.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Certainly Craig's list might be a solution of getting rid of it, but the other advice in regards to seeing how much it will cost to fix may not be a bad way to go. If it cost a couple of hundred bucks (let's say) it just might be worth keeping it even if you get a new one. Depending on the size, a good plasma t.v. in the bedroom or bathroom ;) certainly is up there in the list of good things.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks