What's new

What Single Title Do You Most Want On Blu? (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
You need great source material for a great BRD....so how about a great TODD-AO film The Agony and The Ecstasy with Rex Harrison playing the part of a very worldly Pope Julius II? Co-stars some Chuck guy.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Seeing as my choice is a few pages back I'll cheat & put forward another one: The Vikings 1958. A film made for Blu-ray, with that rich Jack Cardiff photography. If MGM gave it the same treatment they gave to, IAMMMMW then I'd be very happy.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
battlebeast said:
I was going to say "Anything nominated for best picture", but I saw something else: Song of the South.
He'll will freeze over before that happens. Or worldwide, everybody Will forget what religion is.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Any wide-vista epic, be it pre-CGI Biblical (El Cid, Agony & the Ecstasy, etc.) or Western. If neither of those, then MacArthur, the (different studio but same producers) companion piece to Patton.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
tv series - The original Battlestar Galactica episodes with a decent restoration (ie. scan in the original film prints and edit the episodes)

movie - Idiocracy

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Dennis Nicholls said:
You need great source material for a great BRD....so how about a great TODD-AO film The Agony and The Ecstasy with Rex Harrison playing the part of a very worldly Pope Julius II? Co-stars some Chuck guy.
Great title--Also STAR! and DOCTOR DOLITTLE would be great!

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
"The Agony & The Ecstasy" is already undergoing restoration work for 2014 blu-ray release by Fox, either through direct market or via their Twilight Time licensing agreement with forum member Nick Redmond...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
It's got to be my favorite movie of all time:

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. (1972)

It hasn't even gotten a good DVD treatment. What's there needs extensive restoration. so it's probably too much to ask for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks