What's new
World Wide Stereo

What is the better power conditioner? (1 Viewer)

Rod#S

Grip
Real Name
Rod
I'm in the process of upgrading my home theater system and the last thing that I haven't made a decision on is with the power conditioning. I'm looking for a unit that has at least 10 outlets and voltage stabalization is not really a problem for me. Unfortunately out of the list of components I'm considereing below I can only audition (if necessary) the Monster unit as there are no dealers for the other units in my area where I could check them out.

The units I have been considering are:
1) Monster HTPS 7000
2) Furman RI-1220
3) Transparent Audio PowerBank 12
4) Richard Gray's RGPC 1200S

If anyone has any experience with any or all of these units I would appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Rod

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I would humbly put forth that if you want the best there is, get a PS Audio Power Plant. But, they are very expensive and consume a lot of power. Other than that, I personally think that balanced power is the way to go. The Monster has that, and so does the Furman. Be careful, in that I have heard about quality control problems with the Monster units. And, for whatever reason, the Monster's transformer is not large enough to run your power amps through. Here are two links with some interesting info:

http://www.psaudio.com/articles/power_conditioners.asp

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/maste...ditioners.html

I had 2 Richard Gray 400s's in my system for a while. Personally, I didn't get much benefit from them. I now have an Equitech 2Q. I run my entire system through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks