What's new

What is the best 6.1 or 7.1 surround sound receiver? (1 Viewer)

ToddJ

Second Unit
What is the best 6.1 or 7.1 surround sound receiver out there? I am looking for one that is under $500 (or even $400 if possible.)

BlakeN

Stunt Coordinator

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of refurbs, here's a couple of solid mid-level receivers available from uBid:

Yamaha RX-V2500

Onkyo TX-SR703

Both have ample power, expandability and fairly current features. If you're more inclined to movies as opposed to music, the Yamaha may be a better option, however both are excellent choices for movies as well as music and will be a very good value.

In fact, just a couple of weeks ago I picked up a RX-V2500 from them. It's in brand new condition and so far, I'm quite pleased with its performance and feature set. This says a bit as I was quite fond of the Denon AVR-3803 I used prior to it.

Good luck and have fun with your decision making! ;) -TD

SethH

Senior HTF Member
And again speaking of refurbs . . . H/K also sells refurb units on ebay for good prices.

BlakeN

Stunt Coordinator
If you buy an HK refurb make sure to check onecall and jr.com first. Quite often those refubs sell for more then new ones from those two places.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks