What's new

What is going to sell better, The Fall Guy or CHIPS?? (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Good to see the second season is on it's way.

Now all we need is the Fall Guy season 2, and everything will be perfect!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
As of now, looks like both shows are abandoned. Too bad, I thought WB would see CHIPS through to the end.
I may be dyslexic, but I can't tell you how many times I go to tvshowsondvd.com and think I see news for The Fall Guy. Turns out 10/10 times it's news for that piece of crap nothing of a show Family Guy.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
I'm waiting for the 2nd season of The Fall Guy too. LOL the same thing happens to me with that garbage show Family Guy. I get my hopes up then look closely at the title and get mad [/url]

As of now, looks like both shows are abandoned. Too bad, I thought WB would see CHIPS through to the end.
I may be dyslexic, but I can't tell you how many times I go to tvshowsondvd.com and think I see news for The Fall Guy. Turns out 10/10 times it's news for that piece of crap nothing of a show Family Guy.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Never heard of "Family Guy" :) Guess that shows how much I watch network TV the last few years. I assume that it's a relatively current show?

Fall Guy: I'm also in for any more releases. I see that S2 is out in R2. Amazon UK's price is 17.98 UK = $29.73 . I might pick that one up soon.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis

Never heard of "Family Guy" :) Guess that shows how much I watch network TV the last few years. I assume that it's a relatively current show?
It is indeed. Not to my taste of course, but then again, there are others who do like it, so I'm not judging them. Different strokes for different folks, the old saw goes.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I looked that up after posting at IMDB. Curious. It's an animated show, right? Been around since '99. That's why I hadn't heard of it I dropped out of network TV around '96 or so. Maybe some day I'll try one of the more recent shows since most are available on DVD.

Can't yet decide on getting that R2 Fall Guy S2 set. It might see an R1 release one of these days.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Just a heads up the R2/S2 set also has music edits.

We need more CHiPs and Fall Guy .... I leave it to Shout Factory to help us out as they did with Simon & Simon!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Well, turns out they both tanked.

Here's what Brian Ward from Shout Factory had to say about picking up the Fall Guy:

"I owned the first set for a while. And I would love to get my hands on the series. I think the bonus features were about as good as they were going to get, in terms of content, but I bet I could whip something together for subsequent volumes. Sadly, research on sales of the first set turned up even fewer than we'd need to make it a success, so I'm not sure we'd be able to pick it up. Maybe I'm wrong. I just seem to remember looking at the numbers and saying, "eeek." Still, that was a while ago."

Not very encouraging.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I have season 1 in region 1 and season 2 in region 2 of the Fall Guy. I have the first two season of CHIPs as well. I hope Warner will put out CHIPs through the Archive Program I have no idea if 20th Century Fox could do something like MOD for Fall Guy.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i am not holding my breath on the Fall Guy as a matter of fact i have given hope on the stall series and have changed my focus to what has been released. I am sure in due time the studios will re-evaluate their releases, especially if the studios think they can make money down the road.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I think Shout! if they are happy with the sales of Simon & Simon (and I think they are) should give the Fall Guy another shot. I think there are quite a few that are buying Simon & Simon, who would also buy the Fall Guy. Did anyone ask them if they would see about picking up CHiPs ? or perhaps Warner is not farming anything out just yet.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
For instance, there's Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Falcon Crest out by another company in some parts of Europe, has Warner's logo along.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Then I wish Warner would start farming out their titles in the US. I still want to see more Cheyenne, Maverick, plus 77 Sunset Strip and so on. Plus where is season 2 of Mama's Family. And back to the original question- why not let Shout take over Chips?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks