What's new

What is going to sell better, The Fall Guy or CHIPS?? (1 Viewer)

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Aryn for the price details at Best Buy. I always like to buy my disks at local places (if they are cheaper) for faulty disk returns.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Well, I watched both shows when they were on (though, admittedly, really only watched Chips in mid-80s syndication), I will have to admit that while Lee Majors was the reason I started watching Fall Guy, I have much fonder memories of the obvious "charms" of Markie Post.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
All the more reason to buy up Fall Guy quickly and in mass so as to inspire them to give us some Markie Post as soon as possible.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I think CHIPS was a bigger show. I watched it when it first aired.

While I remember when it was on, I never watched an episode of THE FALL GUY. CHIPS aired in syndication, I don't think I've ever seen THE FALL GUY in syndication.

So, I'd say CHIPS would be a lot bigger on DVD. Plus, Erik Estrada is still out there, and I don't even know if Lee Majors is still alive! I can't remember the last time I saw him. And yes, SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN would have been a lot bigger.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
The Fall Guy will probably sell better ... it would be a huge boon if The Fall Guy sells enough sets to encourage the bigwigs to release the Six Million Dollar Man season sets ... so, get out there and buy your sets ... I remember growing up and watching the broadcast episodes of the series when it ran on network television and I think that The Fall Guy is going to sell better as it is one of the most highly requests shows ever and it feratures Lee Majors ... but I plan on buying both ...

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I haven't seen Fall Guy in reruns in over a decade, CHIPS aired on TBS religiously up until a couple years ago

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Well I did not have cable or satellite up until about 5-6 years ago off and on and I never saw CHiPs on it and I would look for shows like that but some station was showing Fall Guy when I first picked it up. Locally my ABC affiliate showed syndicated reruns of the Fall Guy pretty much constantly from when it was on until 95 or thereabouts, removed it, aired Heat of the Night a lot for a years or so then periodically alternated the two over the next few years. I would say about 8 years since I last saw Fall Guy in this manner and maybe 20 since CHiPs aired here, if not more. The rise of extremely popular syndicated new series in the 90's kind of killed off a lot of older reruns on these type of stations and now all they air are reruns of CSI, Law & Order, Scrubs, ER, and 24.

Now this was my locality but I know I saw it on in Florida at one time in the late 90s/early 00s, and believe that I have seen some mentioning of it airing syndicated in the past in other regions of Louisiana as well as Mississippi and Texas via their local paper tv grids. However, I do remember seeing CHiPS listed in some of these grids as well.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Fall Guy is more expensive, I think too much so compared to older one hour shows, so I would say CHIPS. That being said, I'm buying Fall Guy.

Paul

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
On Amazon Best Seller List:
CHiPs stands @ #291 and The Fall Guy @ #530

On DVDEmpire List:
CHiPs stands @ #713 and The Fall Guy @ #1347

Not that this is an exact indication it is not, but it gives you some idea.

FallGuy

Grip
Real Name
Ryan
I'm definitely grabbing The Fall Guy next week with hopes that we'll see a second season announcement for later this year. No interest in Chips. Those guys can't hold a candle to Mr. Majors.

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
I was taking a look on Amazon to see how The Fall Guy is doing in sales. Right now the full season set is #404 on the dvd list. The half season sets are both in the 24,500 range(!), which isn't too surprising, as the people who are preordering are the fans, who want all the episodes, not a half season.

I'd guess that in the stores (assuming there is an ample supply of both the full and half seasons) that the full season sets will sell 90% of the units sold versus 10% for the half season sets. I think the true fans will want everything and there won't be too many people doing blind buys. Maybe if the half season sets drop to $15, then there will be more blind half season buys.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Well, it seems that CHIPS is kicking The Fall Guy's but in sales according to Amazon. I'd like to see both of them in the top 100 sales rank. Hopefully Fall Guy will at least sell enough to give us a season two. But I'm happy CHIPS is selling well though.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I don't know which series sold better, but I wish the studios would get off their ass, and releases second seasons already!!!:frowning:

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I think CHiPs season 2 is coming in June! We should hear something on that in the next week or two officially! The Fall Guy i am starting to get concerned about though. Fox however did release all of Remington Steele and they both sold about the same. But unlike the Fall Guy, there was a huge Remington fan in the front office of Fox pushing to get it released. So who knows! I want every season of both!!

LCD22

Screenwriter
I e-mailed Gord and he told me there has been nothing on a second season, so yes I'm very concerned. And given how they messed up the first season release, if they do release a second, I hope they realize this was a memorable series that doesn't deserve the kind of treatment it was given. I want the remaining seasons uncut with no music replacements. Please, I want more Colt Seavers!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

I love The Fall Guy. It's truly a great show. If there is to be no second season from Fox, then I truly pity them. If a 1st season doesn't sell record breaking numbers, it shouldn't equal instant cancellation of future sets. I have said all along, if a big studio doesn't care about releasing a show on dvd....fine. Just give that title to company that will release it!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Yeah S2 of the Fall Guy is a must not only for the great show it is. But for Markie Post!!! First Night Court does not make it to her season's, now The Fall Guy possibly may not. Why does Markie seem to always get screwed? Hey now, I know that is pretty clear, but stop that train of thought right now! I meant in the DVD-World you freaks :)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Did i not say we would hear something in the next week or two officially on CHiPs :)

Well Tvshowsondvd.com has the announcement and Ponch & Jon come rolling back onto DVD with S2 on June 3rd!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation730
Recent bookmarks