What's new

What happened to homestarrunner? (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Lately they've been taking longer and longer to do updates. I believe it was around Christmas time when there was hardly any updates. IIRC, they went through Halloween and Christmas without much of anything.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I heard an unsubstantiated rumor that HSR was in negotiations with Cartoon Network to Produce a regular show on Adult swim. If true this could be some of the reason the site hasn't been updated.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Oooo! That would be sweet! as long as it didn't hurt the cartoon.

I actually wrote StrongBad an email (a few years back) asking why doesn't have his own TV show. Does anyone know of anyone who had an email answered??

Joel C

Screenwriter
It probably has more to do with the fact that the father of the two brothers who run the site passed away in early April. They had enough updates underway to continue through May, and I guess are taking a break.

I know the site was their sole source of income, so I imagine it will be back unless they decide to just move on. Supposedly the dad was "the heart and soul of Homestarrunner.com" they said.

Kyle McCabe

Stunt Coordinator
I'm all about some homestarrunner. Good to know that I'm not the only dork lurking around these forums! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks