What's new

What do you think and what would you recommend? (1 Viewer)

JamDawg

Grip
Real Name
JamesD
Hello everyone. This is my first theater and would like your thoughts on how it turned out and what else you would like to see added. I'm relatively cheap, but let your imagination run wild and if I like the idea I might get off my wallet (with my wife’s permission of course). Currently the system consists of
Onkyo, 705
Fronts, VR795 BA
Center, VR920 BA
Sub Infinity, CSW10
Rears Infinity, IL10
PS3
XBOX 360
WII
55" 1080i projection TV

Currently I have on order the Fluance AVBP2. They will replace the infinity IL10s as the surrounds and the IL10s will become the rear surrounds to complete the 7.1 system.

I have to say I love the system. I've have bought over 20 movies, BR and DVD in the past 4 weeks since the completion of the system. One day I plan on getting a projector but that is out of the question right now.

Here are some pictures of the setup.

8361131-sm.jpg[img]_ This is the view looking from the pool table towards the theater room. There will be a bar built where the chairs are sitting. We like to entertain during football season so we were trying to maximize seating. _ _ Current issue._ I have too much bass but don't want to give it up. In Iron Man when the first suit is built and he is walking out of the cave, the bass tears my house apart. The rattles become a little annoying but I love to feel the concussion. Currently I'm running the 650 watt CSW10 and the two 125 watt powered 10" subs with 12" radiators in the towers using LEF. Looking at the room is there a way to stop the rattle with our spending too much money

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You can never have too much bass in a properly calibrated system. You have adequate bass headroom to keep the distortion down. I'm installing four 18" subs and that won't be too much.

First, calibrate your system. If your receiver has a mic and auto calibration, use it. Also get a DVD like Avia or Video Essentials and an SPL meter. Double check the calibration with that. Second, plot the in-room frequency response of your sub(s). All you need is an SPL meter, free test tones and a free Excel spreadsheet. This will pinpoint hills and valley's in the response. All rooms have them, but some can be controled with sub placement. Others require an EQ.

After all of this, if you still have rattles, you need to find them. Extra drywall screws help. Rubber and felt pads on light sconces. There are hundreds of different ways to attack depending on what is rattling.

-Robert

JamDawg

Grip
Real Name
JamesD
Thanks Robert
The calibration for the receiver has been done. Also my sub has the R.A.B.O.S. Kit. With it I have eliminate the frequencies coming for it that cause rattles but that does not help control the tower's subs. Are there any links that explain or describe the procedure you are talking about Robert?

JamDawg

Grip
Real Name
JamesD
Thanks Robert
The calibration for the receiver has been done. Also my sub has the R.A.B.O.S. Kit. With it I have eliminate the frequencies coming for it that cause rattles but that does not help control the tower's subs. Are there any links that explain or describe the procedure you are talking about Robert?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks