What's new

What do those little silica packets do? (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Rob Gardiner said:
is an adjective meaning "referring to silica".
Ten points for anyone who can use it in a sentence.
If you put some of those packets in milk, we can make a new cereal:
Silica Charms: They're Siliceously delicious.
...see, I even got Marko's 'delicious' in there as well. :D
p.s. Admins, the spell checker didn't recognize "Siliceously" - I think that needs to be fixed. :)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I bought a box of Silica Charms today and tried it out. I filled my bowl with the cereal and then poured the milk. Unfortunately the milk turned to powder the instant it touched the cereal.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
This page http://www.healthydude.com/raw_recipes.html shows that "Silica Salad" and "Tropical Salsa" can coexist on the same page without any adverse effects. (Scroll down about 1/3).
That's just smoke and mirrors. Everyone knows Silica and Salsa cannot peacefully coexist.
In fact, few people realize that the Sun is not powered by a nuclear reaction but by a Silica/Salsa reaction. You can clearly see this when the sun is near the horizon and the red from the Salsa is visible.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
That explains where all the water on Mars went. Mars is just a giant blob of silica!

Edit: Sorry Mark, didn't see your post!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Marianne said:
Edit: Sorry Mark, didn't see your post!
LOL - but that's the spirit of this threads popularity!
I don't know if was mentioned before, but silica may be the reason why there is no water on Mars. ;)

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
"What do those little silica packets do?"
I just received new HT equipment and there were silica packs in the packaging. I watched them for some time and I didn't see them do anything. Maybe they were resting?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
drobbins said:
I just received new HT equipment and there were silica packs in the packaging. I watched them for some time and I didn't see them do anything. Maybe they were resting?
Silica packets are nocturnal. After you turn off the lights, that's when the fun begins. :D

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
drobbins said:
I believe we've stumbled upon the real explanation for tides in this thread. The nocturnal activity, and daytime inactivity, of silica packets is causing the variations in Earth's ocean levels. This fragile balance was apparently destroyed on Mars long ago.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Everyone, order a hard drive, turn off the lights, and watch the silica packets!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.