What's new

What Can I Do About An Audio /Video "Delay"? (1 Viewer)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
I just popped in The Fast And The Furious (and cranked it because my wife and daughter left) and noticed for the first time a delay between the video and audio. The words would be coming out of Vin Diesel's mouth and about a half-second or so later the video would catch up.

What's going on here?

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Could be a small delay in the video stream due to processing. Some preamps offer a setting/control to take this into account.

Andre*C

Agent
I've never heard of that before. Do you have really long speaker wires or the center channel delay set incorrectly?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you have an older Sony player, this is a known problem (not sure if any other brands do it too). I am not sure there is anything you can do, but I would start by contacting the manufacturer. In the end, unless it will cost you next to nothing to take care of it with the manufacturer, it will likely be more cost effective to buy a new player. Ask this in the sources forum, you might get some help because I have heard of this a number of times there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks