What's new

What are you listening to right now? (2 Viewers)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nothing currently, but a day or two ago I listened to several;

Foster The People: Torches
Hedley: Wild Life
Lana Del Ray: Born To Die and Paradise
Big N Rich: Greatest Hits
Imagine Dragons: Night Visions
David Guetta: Nothing But The Beat 2.0
Hedley: The Show Must Go On

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
dialects by snowmine.

saw them perform in philly last week as they kicked off a new tour in support of the album.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Tomorrow when I am working around the house, I will be listening to a whole lotta Led Zeppelin and maybe some Norah Jones on SACD

IMG_0910.JPG

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Team (Lorde).

This track is just so musically compelling for several reasons. Lorde (whom I like to refer to as the 'queen of magadizing') is easily my favorite artist within the past ten years. I could discuss the semi-technical aspects of this track and her other work for hours.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Ron,He is my all-time favorite country music artist. He was also my mom's favorite. I have just about everything he wrote. :)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Ockeghem said:
Ron,He is my all-time favorite country music artist. He was also my mom's favorite. I have just about everything he wrote. :)
A friend of mine in Alaska sent me some recordings he made in the late 30's/early 40's before he hit it big; as a matter of fact, he was still a teenager. Pretty terrible quality but they're still Hank. I uploaded what I have of them to YouTube. Here's one of them:

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Ron,

Many thanks! I have not heard this before. I have very early recordings of Buddy Holley that I listen to often. These are recordings that haven't been officially released as of yet. I've nearly made it my life's work to collect everything he wrote and recorded. :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Ron,I would have loved to have been in the room when Hank Williams sang that song you posted above. Is the title of the tune "Rocking Chair"?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Inspired by Ron1973. :)

I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (Hank Williams).

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Ockeghem said:
Ron,I would have loved to have been in the room when Hank Williams sang that song you posted above. Is the title of the tune "Rocking Chair"?
Rocking Alone in an Old Rocking Chair is the title. Hank Snow did a version of it later on (I believe).

Hank was performing daily on WSFA radio in the late 30's/early 40's as a teen. There was a radio store I think next door and the owner managed to make some recordings of songs Hank did on the air. Nothing professional obviously. Most of what exists is in pretty terrible shape but it's still Hank!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks