What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the sympathy. That is what is so annoying, there is basically nothing that can be done except hope for Karma to get them. All this usually dies down when summer is over, but it does make you lose faith I humanity b

I'm a big believer in "Karma". It can be a bitch and it will eventually catch up with them :cool:

They may be crappy people for many years, but Karma will bite them in the ass and they'll look back, regretting all the bad and stupid decisions they made in their life.

Some people never quite catch on, but most eventually get the hint and become nicer people. There will always be the grouchy guy on the block who hates kids and God forbid if your dog walks on his lawn, but for one of him, there are 100 polite, normal people.

Oh yeah, to keep this post "official", I find it so annoying to discuss Karma :dancing-banana-04:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was basically a video game character, kid had no idea how incredibly serious that action really was. I probably should have elbowed him in the face, turned around and decked him. These younger kids just aren't part of reality anymore.

I think your physically responding to being grabbed from behind would have been totally justifiable and would have provided a teachable moment. If he had done that to someone with self defense training locked in, he would have learned quite the lesson.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Instead of what annoys you, I wish this thread was called what makes you "fit to be tied"!
We can't wait for school to start again.
It has been very hot here in southern Ontario. We go for a 40 min. walk about 9 p.m. around our quiet suburban neighbourhood when it is finally cool enough. We keep a low profile, and live in a very low crime area.
Despite this, about once a week a car filled with teenagers drives by us, and as they do do so, one of them screams. As we jump out of our skins, we can hear them laughing their heads off. Is it really that fun to scare two quiet senior citizens? Are they really that warped?
As far as I can tell it is never the same group. Tonight was the worst incident. The didn't just shout, they threw something! I was hit in the face, and ended up with a bloody lip. Again we heard the manical laughter. I wish I had had a hand grenade with me!
That is definitely more than annoying and I understand the scenarios that must be running through your head.

I got punched in the face once because some college kids looking for a party stopped to ask me for directions and I didn't know. I was on my bike and the guy in the passenger side swung at me. The punc wasn't very hard because of the angle and he was already drunk, but it basically amounted to a sucker punch.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Here's a truly annoying thing.

"Hedge fund manager Eddie Lampert" Basically appointed himself owner, CEO, whatever. of Sears. Now the company and thousands of employees are on the verge of vanishing.

Really ticks me off when one single person, simply to enrich himself, can totally destroy a company, trash the employees and walk off with as much cash as he can get.

Comments deleted by moderator. Saying "No politics allowed, but..." does not give one carte blanche to ignore the "no politics" rule on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Ever since I applied the August 2 Windows 10 update to the 1607 build, my browsers and Windows Explorer are almost constantly bogging down into "Not Responding" mode. It's got so bad on Google Chrome, that I had to abandon a Yahoo Email I was composing after 15 minutes, as it took me that long just to type out the name, but Firefox has been little better. Even using Microsoft Word is a real chore, at times!

I suspect a possible cause might be a number of programs of questionable value that display in my Task Manager keep popping up. I mean, should a Music Application really be taking up in excess of 50% of my C.P.U.? Other suspect culprits are Microsoft Word Search Index and Runtime Broker. My old rundl32 nemesis even once popped up very briefly last night!

Has anyone else ran into something similar with the recent Windows 10 update, or am I a lone wolf, in this case? :P

CHEERS! :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Wish I could help you Tony, but based on your experiences (thank you for posting them), I'm going to stick with my 1511 build, since it's stable and runs basically normal most of the time. I'll probably be forced into an upgrade eventually, but I'm holding out as long as possible :oops:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Wish I could help you Tony, but based on your experiences (thank you for posting them), I'm going to stick with my 1511 build, since it's stable and runs basically normal most of the time. I'll probably be forced into an upgrade eventually, but I'm holding out as long as possible :oops:
Funny Stan, as I've just finished a post on the Windows 10 Discussion topic, in which I made that very suggestion! :)

As for myself, I'll just have to hope for the best! I'm sure there's a solution (Or will be one!) out there, somewhere.

Until then, I'll just have to grin and bear it! :D

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Here's a truly annoying thing.

"Hedge fund manager Eddie Lampert" Basically appointed himself owner, CEO, whatever. of Sears. Now the company and thousands of employees are on the verge of vanishing.

Really ticks me off when one single person, simply to enrich himself, can totally destroy a company, trash the employees and walk off with as much cash as he can get.

Yeah, it is sad. My friend worked at sears and said they were always in danger of closing(one of the key stores in my local mall) but he blamed it on customer attendance. He told me on certain weekdays they would be lucky to make enough money to pay his wage for the day:(! Although it cannot be confirmed yet, I read that all K-Mart stores are going out starting next year(I will see if I can find the link for the news story) which are a part of Sears now.
JC Penny's is also in trouble financially.

Lets face it the retail landscape is changing considerably thanks mainly to Amazon. I think in the next ten years we will see many favorite retail giants become memories. Including Sears which has always been a favorite of mine.
The way of the world.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
C'mon, Stan...

No need to "disappear." :D

Okay, 2 1/2 hours of disappearance, I give up.

Now for another truly annoying thing.

"Tyler Perry". Every show he's involved with has to be titled "Tyler Perry's blah, blah, blah". The latest one I just saw a commercial for, "Tyler Perry's Too Close to Home".

When you're a classic like Hitchcock, people just get used to the name being part of the description of the film. "Hitchcock's The Birds", etc.

I don't mind seeing the name attached to the title. But Tyler Perry? Seriously?

Maybe a classic in his own mind.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think an argument could be made for Tyler Perry making a brand off his name that this could be justified. Plus, the guy is prolific, whether or not you enjoy his work.

I think I've seen more egregious use of the vanity credit with directors who have much fewer productions under their belt.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Ever since I applied the August 2 Windows 10 update to the 1607 build, my browsers and Windows Explorer are almost constantly bogging down into "Not Responding" mode. It's got so bad on Google Chrome, that I had to abandon a Yahoo Email I was composing after 15 minutes, as it took me that long just to type out the name, but Firefox has been little better. Even using Microsoft Word is a real chore, at times!

I suspect a possible cause might be a number of programs of questionable value that display in my Task Manager keep popping up. I mean, should a Music Application really be taking up in excess of 50% of my C.P.U.? Other suspect culprits are Microsoft Word Search Index and Runtime Broker. My old rundl32 nemesis even once popped up very briefly last night!

Has anyone else ran into something similar with the recent Windows 10 update, or am I a lone wolf, in this case? :P

Some other problems I'm having include one or both of my browsers suddenly bottoming out in terms of C.P.U. percentage. This seems to happen for no good reason, and this will happen even when nothing else is taking up any appreciable C.P.U. percentage, with the overall percentage sometimes dropping to under 10%.

Finally, is there any good reason why stuff like YouTube Downloader suddenly kicks in on my Task Manager when I'm not even bloody well using it? This past couple of days has been a myriad nightmare of my two main browsers bogging down in an almost perpetual "Not Responding" mode, with Firefox frequently presenting the "continue/debugging/stop script" option. At times, it seems like I almost just have to breathe on my PC Laptop for this to occur yet another of the umpteen times just over the past 24 hours or so! :P

I'm getting a bit desperate for a solution, especially since I've just dismantled our Dinosaur PC's! No more fail-safe (If not entirely attractive!) backups should the Windows 10 setup on my Acer Laptop fail - Not even the previous build, since I had to delete the Windows Old Folder, due to my recent debacle with what turned out to be an ever expanding Windows.edb Microsoft Search Index File! I'm really beginning to loathe that function, as it's caused me way more grief than any positive function is worth to me, of late!

Last edited:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I think an argument could be made for Tyler Perry making a brand off his name that this could be justified. Plus, the guy is prolific, whether or not you enjoy his work.

I think I've seen more egregious use of the vanity credit with directors who have much fewer productions under their belt.

Prolific doesn't always mean good, talented or tasteful. Just because you pump out a movie every six months doesn't mean it's worth watching.

I guess there are people worse than him with "vanity credits". Joe Jones is Executive producer, producer, writer, director, adapted screenplay writer, etc. and worst of all, "actor" in their own films.

Then the nepotism where their brother is gaffer, PA, whatever just to get his name in the credits.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Just when I thought my recent PC issues could get anymore annoying, I am once again, proven wrong!

The blinking line cursor, what so many take for granted when typing out posts, has suddenly disappeared on me! Yes, if I discover a typo, I have no way of knowing where I'm at, if that makes sense!

What in heck could have caused this? I've literally never had this happen to me before! :(

EDIT: Never mind, my cursor thickness seemed to be involuntarily set at the minimum for some unknown reason, for which I doubled the setting. Still, even with the former setting, the cursor, or rather, insertion line was still visible in Google Search. My recent PC issues seem so much a "When it rains, it pours" scenario!

SHEESH! :P

Last edited:

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I'm overly annoyed that there's no longer a Sbarro in either of our two remaining malls. I loved their New York style pepperoni.

I'm also annoyed that I've yet to fall asleep but have to get up in 5 hours to go to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks