What's new

What annoys you? (2 Viewers)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
That adding a quote is no longer a simple click (In fact, I'm not sure how to do it, at all!), at least for me! :unsure:

I've resorted to the copy and paste method, for the moment!

CHEERS! :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
This thread probably shouldn't become a secondary, unofficial feedback/help thread, though it's kind of amusing that the annoyance and migration threads have temporarily overlapped in content. :D

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
^
That's a fair point, although the ability to quote prior posts is very much an integral part of HTF, and has been used extensively in this Topic. I'm using an up arrow as a substitute until the quotability option is restored!

On less of a technical issue note, I am getting pretty tired of all of the snow and slush in our neck of the woods, so to speak! ;)

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Tony, if you haven't found this thread yet, give it a look. Here's the first post that has relevance to your question.

The New HTF Beginner's Guide: How To Use XenForo

The easy way is simply reply to a message and the message will be added as a quote by default. For clever users, you can click and drag to select the text you wish to quote and click "+ Quote" on the little popup menu to add is as a multiquote. Even if you just want the one quote, in the message editor, click "Insert Quotes" and you're provided options to re-order the quotes as you see fit.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
^
That's a fair point, although the ability to quote prior posts is very much an integral part of HTF, and has been used extensively in this Topic. I'm using an up arrow as a substitute until the quotability option is restored!

On less of a technical issue note, I am getting pretty tired of all of the snow and slush in our neck of the woods, so to speak! ;)

Hmm, I may have spoken too soon... my last message should have had a quote from you and after posting it did not. You're full post from before SHOULD be quoted right above this response. Perhaps a glitch?

Edit: Hmm, nope. Quote worked fine here.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Hmm, I may have spoken too soon... my last message should have had a quote from you and after posting it did not. You're full post from before SHOULD be quoted right above this response. Perhaps a glitch?

Edit: Hmm, nope. Quote worked fine here.
OK, "Post Reply" does work for me, in this case! Thanks for the tip! :)

This appears to be the new "Copy link to YouTube video without doing anything else" feature, or something like that! :D

And now, back to our regularly scheduled "What Annoys You?" program! :D:D

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Robocalls, part 1 and 2.

Part 1, robocalls where they at least have the courtesy to say their message. "Please elect Senator Joe Smith, etc."

The worst, robocalls part 2. They call then put you on hold expecting you to wait until they get around to answering. Gets about 1/10th of a second of my time before I hang up on those.

Get off your lazy a** and dial the phone, don't expect some machine to do it for you.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
After reading about the free "Nomorobo" call blocker in Consumer Reports, I investigated and found it was compatible with my Verizon FIOS service. My incoming calls are forwarded to an 800 number for filtering. All calls ring once. If the caller is on Nomorobo's blacklist, there will be no second ring. I've had it since Thanksgiving and so far I love it!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The worst, robocalls part 2. They call then put you on hold expecting you to wait until they get around to answering. Gets about 1/10th of a second of my time before I hang up on those.

Get off your lazy a** and dial the phone, don't expect some machine to do it for you.

I don't think the call center lackey whose system is dialing several numbers at once and connecting the first one that responds really has a say in the matter. :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
After reading about the free "Nomorobo" call blocker in Consumer Reports, I investigated and found it was compatible with my Verizon FIOS service. My incoming calls are forwarded to an 800 number for filtering. All calls ring once. If the caller is on Nomorobo's blacklist, there will be no second ring. I've had it since Thanksgiving and so far I love it!

I'll have to check into that, thanks.

Completely off subject, but reminds me of a saying in my part of the state. Cathy McMorris-Rodgers is our rep, wow, big mistake from the old timers.

But a favorite phrase/anti-campaign slogan around here is NoMoMcMoRo, close to being on topic.

Okay admins, broke the politics rule, but you have to admit it's kind of cute.

I've behaved for decades, one slip can't be that bad :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
How about trying to send a message to a mod?

Limited to 420 characters. Pain in the a** when you type in a message and have to edit it over and over and over again. Wasn't all that wordy, but I couldn't shrink it enough, finally gave up.

Always glitches with a new system, so I'll tolerate it.

My biggest complaint is you click on the title of a thread and you go back to 2003, doesn't default to the newest stuff. Actually sometimes it does, sometimes not.

I'm close to over 20+ years on this forum. Supported them, learned a lot and have bought products that I'm quite sure helped them out, so I'm not a mooch. I guess like Microsoft, we're the beta testers and help work out the bugs.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
Getting unwanted help and advice from someone while trying to practice to fix something else, then not doing what I set out to do in practice...

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Getting an early morning text from an ex-coworker complaining that I didn't text them the news that our old bosses wife passed away this past weekend. Note that we aren't THAT tight, nor was I with my boss.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Annoyance 1 today.

Cat went to vet for regular shots last week. He is now sneezing like crazy so we fear he has contracted some "cold" from the vets office. Back to bet we go and I dread it if we have to pump meds in him cause it's lquid, done by mouth, and he FIGHTS it, so half of it never makes it in his mouth. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks