What's new

Wha-BAM!! (1 Viewer)

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Rory - Nice design work, I like the logo and the new website a lot. I'm looking forward to seeing how AE develops, even though I don't own a Stryke sub, I have admired their products and wish them all the best.

Brett - I was wondering if you were still working on those!!

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Rory - Nice design work, I like the logo and the new website a lot. I'm looking forward to seeing how AE develops, even though I don't own a Stryke sub, I have admired their products and wish them all the best.

Brett - I was wondering if you were still working on those!!

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
I didn't wind up doing the web site but I did come up with the logo. I hope that before Christmas, I can have a replacement for my dented woofer, and it will display my logo.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
I didn't wind up doing the web site but I did come up with the logo. I hope that before Christmas, I can have a replacement for my dented woofer, and it will display my logo.

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i will be waiting for that pre poder the strike av 15 are the best bang for the buck and a great performer also.

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i will be waiting for that pre poder the strike av 15 are the best bang for the buck and a great performer also.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Bryan,

I sure as hell would have paid the dough. Even if I would have had to think about it for a little while and decide not to get them, knowing the option was there would sure have been nice. It's ok now though, I don't need them. Good luck with everything.

- Dan

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Bryan,

I sure as hell would have paid the dough. Even if I would have had to think about it for a little while and decide not to get them, knowing the option was there would sure have been nice. It's ok now though, I don't need them. Good luck with everything.

- Dan

John E Janowitz

Second Unit
Dan,

If you're interested, I can send you the CAD drawing of the shielding cup. If you have any local machine shops or sheet metal places that happen to have slow times you could probably get them pretty cheap.

The plan for no more preorders will be very good. I will do the 2 week sales as I said. That way you can get the discounted price, but you're waiting a week or two at the most, depending on how many sales I get bombarded with and how many woofers I can package and ship per day. I think everyone is much more comfortable buying something when they know they don't have to wait 3months.

I'm really looking forward to some of the high end drivers with the copper faraday and carbon fibre cones. I hope to get those going by the end of the year.

John

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
You could call them (the WCF woofers) the HDX-series: High-Definition Extreme

Then for the motor, you could concentrate a lot of magnet power into a relatively short gap, like 16-19mm, and they might even be useful all the way up to 300 Hz for use as woofers in a three-way. Also, what about underhung designs? How well would one of those work?

One last suggestion - I don't know how stiff WCF cones are at their apex. You might put a 5"-diameter aluminum cone bonded to the WCF cone material at the very apex of the cone, and that way there would be added stiffness there, to apply the driving force to the WCF cone over a larger area. If the WCF cone is very stiff you might be able to get away without this. WCF does have one of the best stiffness-to-mass ratios out there. Also, for such a woofer I think most would be willing to settle for a Fs around 25 Hz for such a premium driver, instead of shooting for the really low stuff for which the aluminum cone woofers would work just fine. No need to burden this thing with added moving structure mass just to get the Fs low. A butyl or natural rubber surround should work well for this instead of Santoprene.

Also, please note that the WCF cones will be relatively expensive. Please be sure there is an audience for this product before you try and produce it in mass quantities. Perhaps, show it off at a DIY event and see what people think of it. It will be very inefficient, due to the fact that is very lossy. Brian Cheney of VMPS uses it with very powerful motors to get the desired result. The black Venezuela basket should help offset the price a little bit, and it will match the WCF cone well.

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i must say i was in car tunes to get my car's head unit fixed and they were amazed at the 1 15 i have in the trunk in a sealed 2 cubic foot box

i dont mind waiting to get a sale price i dident even mind waiting the 3 months for the pr order kist to ghe the sale

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks