What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6/8/04 (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
My local Borders has the Dances With Wolves SE (and a lot of other titles) for $10 also. I passed because I've gone absolutely nuts at Hollywood Video lately. :D

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
no luck with Mystic River 3D at my local BBuy. I never have any luck at that store. :frowning:

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
There's a thread in the DVD Movies section which suggests that shipments of the MR 3-disc set may not have reached many stores in time. I have it on order with Amazon, and it hasn't shipped yet, which suggests there may be a general shortage. The problem may be on Warner's end, not w/ BB.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

That's true.
I work for Target and we were told that most stores would not receive that three disc set until Monday or Tuesday due to "production issues".

Ron Schildt

Agent
I found the 3-disk Mystic River my local BB, and asked one of the floor "helpers" for a price check before going up to the register. He checked it at one of the scanners out on the floor, and it showed $20.99. So happily I walked up to a register to purchase, and low and behold, it rang up at $29.99 there. Cashier couldn't figure out why it would show different, and said I needed verification. So back out to the DVD section, and of course this time there's no "helper" person to be seen. After waiting around for 10 minutes, I finally snagged a guy that looked like he was heading to the back room for his break. He scanned it again, and then gave me a price verification receipt. Took this to the register, and they adjusted the price.

So for those interested in the Mysic River 3-disk version @ BB, get a price verification out on the floor before going to the register just to be sure.

Maybe with the delay in shipment, BB is waiting a week on the special pricing on the 3-disk set?

Ed Faver

Second Unit
I was able to get my 3-D Mystic on Tuesday. My BBuy had loads @ $20.99, but they didn't feature them in new releases or on the standalone display. I had to hunt it down in the Drama section.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
My local WalMart finally put out the widescreen Field of Dreams copies. Not only were they out, but there was a $15.08 price sign by them now, instead of the $19.77 that was originally on the shelf. I had brought in my Best Buy ad to do a price match, but didn't need to. It rang up at $19.77, but since they had the sign was there, I was charged the $15.08. So, I am quite happy to get the new edition with the bonus disk.

Neil

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Got my Field of Dreams WS with bonus disk at my local Wal-Mart for $15.77. Returned, tonight, my 2-disc copy from BJ's Wholesale Club for $17.99

Also at Wal-Mart I price-matched the Dances With Wolves SE for $7.50 with the Target ad. The manager of the Electronics section was flabbergasted and couldn't believe it was the SE in the picture at 2/$15. Two other managers were called in since they had it priced for $21.83! Then it was finally approved after the store manager was called on the phone.

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
Thanks for the heads-up guys. I went to my other BBuy and asked for the sales price on the MR 3Disc. They seemed to know about the unadvertised sale (y'know like a bunch of people had already asked about it - maybe HTF folks :) ) and manually entered the sales price at the register :emoji_thumbsup:

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
In case anyone was wondering, Target is asking $30 for the 3-disc Mystic River.

I picked up the SEs of Cop Land and King of New York in the $10 sale and The Quiet Man SE in the $7.50 sale.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit

I just came back from BB and they price checked it for me showing $29.99 on the screen, no mention of any 'special' price any where, I'll go back tomorrow and talk to someone else and see.

Brian O

Second Unit
Any word on if Sam's Club is carrying the 3 disc Field of Dreams too and for how much if they are?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
My BB rang up $30 for the 3-disc Mystic River, too. :frowning:

On a brighter note, Walmart happily price-matched them on Field Of Dreams, including the special bonus disc. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks