What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6/8/04 (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Interesting side note on this: Apparently BB is getting the hint. I have heard (and this is one of those "friend of a friend" situations) that Best Buy is looking into pricing on CDs and DVDs because they are being undersold by both Target and Circuit City (both reg. and sale prices). Remember the days when Best Buy was THE place to get CDs because they were so darn cheap? We'll have to watch to see what happens.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

When you call your business "Best Buy," you damn well should have the best prices. Wal-Mart wasn't allowed to continue to use the slogan "Always the lowest price" because it wasn't always true. Well, maybe someone should sue Best Buy to change their name if they're not always going to have the "best buy." Perhaps to something like House of 'Tards.

jimbo w

Stunt Coordinator

Unfortunately my target had single disc only even though the ad shows the se. All I got was a shrug at the counter. Oh well

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Craig S. ecxactly right thats why I order from them online. I knew that they'd probably get a couple copies only of Quantum Leap and that couple with a good price mean none for me when I get there. Same price online with Free Shipping. And I can wait for it.

Keith M.

Second Unit
Ill be picking up:

The Leopard
City of God
Mystic River (3d)

I dont really care for baseball movies...

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Target corrected this today. Both the single disc version and the SE are priced at $7.50 at all stores.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Couldn't pass up the 7.50 Dances with Wolves at Target. It even looked like I got the last one! Regular price was 19.99!

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Update from Costco:

1) President's Analyst ($8.99)
2) Goodbye Columbus ($8.99)
3) M*A*S*H Season 6 ($25.99)

I picked up the above three (they were all on my wishlist as was Mystic River 3D). Ironically Mystic River 3D was not available at my Costco yet the above titles (not listed as available on the weekly list) were :confused:

Joel

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Joel: CostCo is always an unknown for me as I put together this list. Not only don't I have a membership...there is not a CostCo anywhere near me in upstate NY. I simply compile prices on new releases from costco.com

Availability of new releases at CostCo (or most any warehouse/club store, for that matter) is always haphazard. That's why its always a great thing when readers here (like yourself) take time to post title sightings and prices. Its a big help to other CostCo shoppers. I try to do the same thing when I can for BJ's Warehouse Stores.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hope the $17.99 price of City of God at Costco holds up, I've been looking forward to this re-release for a long time.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up Mystic River 3-disc and Field of Dreams SE at Best Buy.

They price matched the Ultimate Electronics ad on MR at $15.95. Also, FOD was marked on sale in the store at $17.99, but was $15.99 in their Ad this week. So I had to have them price match their own ad...

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
Just got back from my local Best Buy, where I picked up the "Mystic River" 3-disc set for $20.99, even though it was advertised in their own ad as being on sale for $29.99. Sold!!

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed that the MR 3-disc rang up at $20.99 before they priced matched it and thought it was strange.

Field of Dreams did ring up at $17.99 so make sure they honor their own ad for it.

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
Does Wal-Mart usually match or beat Best Buy ads? I ask because my local W-M has the "Field of Dreams" set for $19.96, and I wanted to bring in the BB ad where it's on sale here for $16.99 and hope that W-M meets or beats that price, so I can get the bonus disc.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Depends on what your Wal-Mart considers its competitive market area and whether your Best Buy falls within that area.

My local Wal-Mart is really the only "big chain retailer" within a 40-mile radius (and, consequently quite high priced as Wal-Marts go). But we do get Best Buy ads in our local sunday paper for the Best Buy that's 40 miles away. However, I wouldn't expect the local Wal-Mart to price match them. The other Wal-Mart next to Best Buy, yes, but my local Wal-Mart, no.

Usually, if they're competitive with another chain, they're supposed to "shop the competition" for you so that their prices are already adjusted to beat the other store's prices. If they're not adjusting their prices automatically, they must feel that the competition in that area doesn't warrant it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks