What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6-24-2008 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ya know...I was reminded over in the "HD Bargains" thread that I meant to post the following in this week's Round-Up: Amazon has a number of these themed 3-packs of Blu-ray discs that people might want to check out. they're not "great" deals, but definitely "not bad" deals.

One of them, for example, is a "War" bundle of Patton, Sand Pebbles & Longest Day for $65. There are also comedy, action, drama bundles, etc. They're not easy to find. I cannot find a page where they are all grouped together. There is a second "War" bundle for $60: Battle of Britain, Bridge Too Far & Flyboys.

But these bundles would be a great way to add Blu-ray titles to one's collection...especially if just getting started.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
While "Disco Pigs" may not be at the top of the most-wanted high-def film list, it is actually quite a good film starring a young Cillian Murphy.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

The original release was anamorphic widescreen. Those sites must be either copying and pasting their old review or they aren't aware it was already released.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I picked up first season of Early Edition today. I didn't even notice that it was coming out this week until I saw it on the shelves at Borders. I hope that we will get the complete series of this show. It was one of my favorites at the time.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Marty: Must make note to self--"Check RoundUp each week to see what kind of cool titles are coming out..." :D

I couldn't help myself. I picked up the Men in Black BD at Target for $19.99 last night. It's a sickness. I cannot believe the double-dipping I've done in BD already...when I swore I wouldn't! :angry: :D

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Sad thing is that one of the first things I do on Sunday is check your excellent Weekly Roundup. I think this week I read it before I was completely awake last Sunday. I must make a note to self - "Check Roundup every Sunday after I have had my first cup of coffee."

Thanks again for a great effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks