What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-23-2010 (1 Viewer)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
My head is getting dizzy from all the math going on in this thread. But I would urge interested parties to move fast because the Target I went to was down to the last couple BDs for both. I just used the simple math discount - the $5 off each coupons along with the $10 off combined for both, and left a happy hunter. Now where can I get the Mad Men Season 3 BD for less than $32?

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I just got back from Costco, where they had Mad Men S3 in SD for $29.99. But when I checked out, the register scan took an additional $5 off. So there's a instant $5 coupon available for any season of Mad Men.

Didn't see it in BD, though.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was a little confused by the separate DVD and Blu-ray packaging options, but after a lot of back and forth I realized it was just a matter of the cases being different. I wouldn't have noticed it but my TRU didn't have any more Toy Story in BD cases.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
And to think I was going to stick with the Amazon pre-order of $39.98 for both!

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /forum/thread/299103/weekly-roundup-3-23-2010/30#post_3673540

I was a little confused by the separate DVD and Blu-ray packaging options, but after a lot of back and forth I realized it was just a matter of the cases being different. I wouldn't have noticed it but my TRU didn't have any more Toy Story in BD cases.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Jason, that looks correct. Did you only have one of the $10 off upgrade coupons?

The price for buying both is $16.99 apiece.
Subtract $5 each for the preorder deposit.
Subtract $10 each for the Disney upgrade coupons.
You're down to $1.99 apiece, or $3.98 total, plus tax.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I did have two $10 off coupons, but they figured they couldn't use both. I think. We had three people involved in this thing and it took a half hour to sort it all out. I actually walked out with the second coupon I couldn't use.

Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

Jason, that looks correct. Did you only have one of the $10 off upgrade coupons?

The price for buying both is $16.99 apiece.
Subtract $5 each for the preorder deposit.
Subtract $10 each for the Disney upgrade coupons.
You're down to $1.99 apiece, or $3.98 total, plus tax.

terry deto

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Terry
took my 4 disney rewards coupons( 2@10, 2@5) to TRU. cashier said let me see if they will all scan, they did. handed her the $5.00 gift card I got from the Monsters ink deal. that left $1.03 cash due total for the 2 movies.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
An expensive week...the Toy Story Blu-ray discs, The African Queen Blu-ray box, The Mentalist S1 on DVD and I'll pick up some others (like the Kurosawa discs) in the future. I'm pleased with the Toy Story 1 and 2 deal at Target. I know I may have saved more trying to work the Toys 'R Us deal, but $8 each is fine by me.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks to Mike and others in this thread for alerting me to the TRU and Disney Rewards deal. $6.99 each + tax is an incredible deal.

Definitely worth a "blind buy" at this price :) (or any price)

Also want African Queen but did not see it during a quick stop to Sam's/Target. This will have to be an online purchase.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Jason_V ">[/url]

I did have two $10 off coupons, but they figured they couldn't use both. I think. We had three people involved in this thing and it took a half hour to sort it all out. I actually walked out with the second coupon I couldn't use.

[/QUOTE]LOL--in the end it all came out the same ($10 MC plus $10 "mystery" discount); curious as to what could have caused the system to give you that discount? FWIW--I read on Slickdeals where at least two folks wound up not having to cough up any additional cash (other than for sales tax) for their copies; the register had indicated that they still owed $3.98 (after $10 pre-order downpayment and redemption of the two $10 MCs) but for some strange reason the register deducted the $3.98 as well so all they owed at final checkout was sales tax.

Side note--lucky me, my TS copy contained TWO Disney Movie Rewards codes...meaning, TWO free tickets instead of one for TS3!

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Originally Posted by Steve...O

Thanks to Mike and others in this thread for alerting me to the TRU and Disney Rewards deal. $6.99 each + tax is an incredible deal.

Definitely worth a "blind buy" at this price :) (or any price)

Also want African Queen but did not see it during a quick stop to Sam's/Target. This will have to be an online purchase.
Our Target had The African Queen Blu-ray, but not the box set.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
The Toy Story DVD style packaging really threw me off. I was about to walk out of the store after thinking they were sold out of the Blu but decided to take one more look to make sure when I noticed the banner on the case. I would have preferred the Blu packaging but it wasn't a deal breaker.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I would have preferred the BD packaging also, but I wound up putting the two BDs in a two-disc BD case and temporarily using a generic insert. Now to find a custom cover.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
My wife ended up picking up the BD+DVD version of TS and the DVD+BD version of TS2 at the TRU she visited. They apparently took the $10 BD coupon along w/ the preorder deal for the DVD+BD copy anyway despite the different UPC, so the out-of-pocket total came out to ~$4+tax like everyone else doing the same deal.

I'm tempted to bring TS2 back to swap for the BD+DVD packaging instead -- maybe just go back to the original TRU where I placed the preorder to see if they still have my copies on hold there. Would be a hassle, but I hate having the different packaging (although I'm not completely OCD or anything... I think... ). I'm sure the kids would enjoy the trip since the Times Square TRU is pretty unique (w/ an indoor ferris wheel and all).

Anyway, if y'all find a good custom cover for TS2, let us know. Thanks.

_Man_

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
TS and TS2 at Costco for $24.99 each. Instant $10 rebate at the register when you buy both (not sure when this deal expires).

DennisBassi

Second Unit
Real Name
Dennis
Hello,

I bought TS and TS2 and intend to use the free movie tickets on TS3. Does anyone know if I will be able to print coupons off of my login for both codes so that I get two tickets? I know there are funny exclusions of "one per customer" but do not know how it would apply in this case, since TS has one code and TS2 has another. Has anyone else printed off two tickets over their single login?

Thanks.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Does Di$ney really think there are still movie theaters out there charging $8.50 for a movie??? They should have called it $8.50 off a movie right? Read somewhere this shuold be good for the 3D which is $15 I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks