What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/7 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

If there's no Best Buy nearby, I wouldn't expect Wal-Mart to match their price. I get BB circulars in our local paper as well, but the local Wal-Mart won't match prices against a BB store that's 40 miles away.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
A very busy week for me.

Lion King, Christmas Story, Mark of Zorro, plus three Vacation films (all but European, unless the box set is cheaper than buying the three separately).

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks again, Dave. It's Mask of Zorro, Lion King and Christmas Story for me. Plus, since the Les Miserables Dreamcast Superbit was just announced as delayed, I may just have to pick up National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation in its place.

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
Huge week for me. Lion King, Italian Job (2003), Willard, Vegas Vacation, Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, and also ordered 2Fast 2 Furious and They Live.

Dean

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
My last light week until late November! Only the Lion King SE and Italian Job (2003).

Thanks Dave!

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info Dave!!

Man two of my big laserdisc purchases of last year... Lion King Deluxe set and A Christmas Story are now on DVD. I had known that LK would be out, but I only got the LD of Christmas Story because is was OAR and I hadn't heard of an OAR DVD release anytime soon....

Now the real question is do I spring for the LK Deluxe DVD set??? I still remember the first time I saw Lion King, months before it was released to theaters. The movie had just been completed, we were at Dinsey Studios in Fla checking the sets for a video game we were working on. The Disney folks gave the 10 of us a special screening of the Lion King. I fell asleep watching it. But, that didn't compare to screwing up and sleeping through through a Space Shuttle Launch that same day...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
That's an awesome price on the Lion King. Where did you get the Bestbuy price?
Read the first line of the "Standard Disclaimer" right under my picture at the top!

I forgot to mention this: Heaven's Prisoners streets this Tuesday. It's not on the Roundup because I could not find listings for it at any store (including Borders). I will wait a couple of weeks and see if it shows up, and if not I'll just order it online. I can't imagine that this would be delayed; I'm looking at WB info now that says the street date is Tuesday. Reviews are all over the 'net! So why aren't stores carrying it? Just for Teri Hatcher's infamous nude scene? Heck, I imagine that this is the main selling point for a film that apparently most people don't like very much. It's a mystery to me!

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
My biggest week of the year, so far. I'll be picking up The Lion King, Star Trek: DS9 S5 (Trials and Tribble-ations at last!!!), A Christmas Story SE, NL Christmas Vacation SE and I ordered The Vicar of Dibley: Divine Collection from Amazon.ca since it looks like Best Buy isn't planning on carrying it in store and I can get it $10 cheaper on-line ($47.99 & tax vs ~$38 shipped).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The only thing "Special" about Vegas Vacation is that it's finally in Widescreen, and anamorphic to boot. Other than that it's the same disc as before.

And I'll be first in line to buy it! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Jodee

Screenwriter
I have never seen the Lion King and I don't have kids. Is it worth buying?

I enjoyed Toy Story, Monster's Inc. and those kind of movies. Is Lion King worth a blind buy? I hadn't planned on buying it, but Roger Ebert was really raving about the dvd on his show this week.

BradWOO

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone mentioned the 1st season of The Office? This is one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time. And it stands up to repeat viewings.

I'll also be picking up the Lion King. I'm happy there are some features on the stage production, as it is amazing.

That's about it for me, as the Lord of the Rings trilogy marathon screening tickets go on sale this Thursday. I shall be broke! :frowning:

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Jodee--BUY IT! It can be had for less than $16 shipped and less than that at several retailers. It is a great story.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Is the only difference between the regular Lion King and the Gift Set the prints (big deal) and the book? Is the book worth an extra $20?

Pete Moisan

Auditioning
Lion King gift set, A Christmas Story, Vacation collection, and the Office season 1 for me. All from Amazon, who really seems to be kicking ass lately!

Thanks for all your work David!

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I'm getting The Office ($20.99 at Amazon), Vacation Box set and A Christmas Story. This is two weeks in a row that Amazon has been the better deal for me, that's kind of strange.

Thanks for the work David, it is much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks