What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-20-2015 (1 Viewer)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Sigwolf said:
FWIW, since I started this mess... I ordered the regular Blu, and it showed up as $19.98 in my cart. There was no mention of the gift card during checkout or in the confirmation, so I guess I'm just hoping for the e-mail when it ships. I hope it goes correctly, because it will likely be a tough time with customer service when there is no evidence now that the promotion existed.
I did screen shot the part of the Amazon page that had the promotion so that might help if there is a problem. Of course, when you clicked on the "learn more" link it was the pointless redirect to the DVD page.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
hotrodguy said:
Hi guys and Mike,

Thanks for the round-up! I know I haven't written in a while but I also haven't purchased too many new releases either, prices are just too high now a days. I did however break down recently on Furious 7, Avengers 2 and now with JW. I loved the pre-order offer from BB, $19.99 for the BD in the metal tin package, free T-shirt and $5 RZ coupon, I also added the first three JP movies in the tin packaging, for $11.99 each, that's not bad, everything already shipped and should be here soon.

Thanks again Mike and I hope you feel better every day.
It sounds like you ordered from BBY -- I'm not sure if there is a way to stack this, but today they are offering a 20% discount on the JP 1/2/3 tins if you order a JW Tin. Might be worth asking as long as it won't affect your other preorder bonuses. That would be an extra $7 discount if they'd somehow add it.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
WillG said:
Do I get anything if I pre-ordered weeks ago?
I'd send them and email and ask -- I think the offer was to preorder before a certain date, but I don't think there was a beginning date to that promo.
Worst thing they'd day would be no though I'd almost be surprised if they did -- who knows maybe they retroactively will included everyone anyway though I don't think there's a way to know other than wait and see

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Mike, PLEASE fix the typo in the Grinch listing. It CAN'T be the 50th Anniversary because that would make me older than I care to admit.

(And I thought it was bad when I got the 35th Anniversary DVD of Grease.....)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Mike Frezon said:
And it's funny that the cover shot is the scene which totally took me out of the movie...Chris Pratt smoothly navigating his motorcycle through a densely forested jungle. He never once hit a rock, log, vine, root, anything. It's like he was riding on a smooth concrete driveway.

Never mind that he was flanked by velociraptors. THAT, I could deal with.

But smoothly riding a motorcycle through a jungle?!? Fuggedaboutit.

It was no swinging on vines with the forest monkeys but I know what you mean. Still, it's a fun ride that I'll be picking up on Tuesday. Thanks as always for the roundup!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
EricSchulz said:
Mike, PLEASE fix the typo in the Grinch listing. It CAN'T be the 50th Anniversary because that would make me older than I care to admit.

(And I thought it was bad when I got the 35th Anniversary DVD of Grease.....)

:laugh: Sorry, Eric. No can do.

If it's any consolation, though...they've jumped the gun on the 50th anniversary by a year. The special first aired in December of 1966.

See? You're not so old!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
:laugh: Sorry, Eric. No can do.

If it's any consolation, though...they've jumped the gun on the 50th anniversary by a year. The special first aired in December of 1966.

See? You're not so old!
At least I was still in Elementary School when it first came out.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I did receive the promotional $5.00 off code email from Amazon as my 3-D Blu-ray of Jurassic World shipped.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Mike Frezon said:
I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet on my 2-D Blu of JW. But my account says it will be "shipping today."

Shipping notices come later and later; last Thursday, I didn't get a shipping notice on my Hamilton CD until 3:47pm, but it still showed up the next day with the mail, and tracking information indicated that it actually shipped sooner than the notice arrived. I can't speak to JW, personally, since I'm not getting that, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. Career of Evil (my book order arriving tomorrow) is still "shipping today" too, but I have every reason to expect it will be here tomorrow afternoon.

Edit: I just got shipping confirmation on my book at 3:41pm, but when I went to track it, it said that the package left the seller facility at 12:35pm, so it appears it just took Amazon a while to send out the notice.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Robert Crawford said:
I did receive the promotional $5.00 off code email from Amazon as my 3-D Blu-ray of Jurassic World shipped.
I got the shipping notice, but I haven't received the promotional code.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Just FYI for those early buyers of Jw 3D at target the price should be $25 but it rings at $30.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I pre-orderd the 2-D Jurassic Park weeks ago, and it's arriving today, but I have not received any $5.00 code from Amazon. Actually I never even knew about this code until reading this thread.

Mike_Nepo

Grip
Any chance, someone who screenshotted the JW $5 GC offer can post it on here? I got my shipping confirmation, but no GC.

Moises

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Moisés Chiullan
Anyone have any idea on Target's "30 minutes of additional content" exclusive? The reason I ask is that Walmart has the exact same "round tin" edition in-store, only visibly different than the Target one (which itself doesn't detail what those 30 minutes are, even on the back cover!) by lacking a sticker on the front that pronounces its EXCLUSIVE nature and a coupon inside said sticker for an EXCLUSIVE Target Cafe popcorn with purchase. Popcorn warmth by the time you get home may vary.

On the "round tin" packaging: eyeballing it, I'm reminded of the same-dimension, infuriating-to-shelve Total Recall DVD from over 10 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks