What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-20-2015 (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Moises said:
Anyone have any idea on Target's "30 minutes of additional content" exclusive? The reason I ask is that Walmart has the exact same "round tin" edition in-store, only visibly different than the Target one (which itself doesn't detail what those 30 minutes are, even on the back cover!) by lacking a sticker on the front that pronounces its EXCLUSIVE nature and a coupon inside said sticker for an EXCLUSIVE Target Cafe popcorn with purchase. Popcorn warmth by the time you get home may vary.

On the "round tin" packaging: eyeballing it, I'm reminded of the same-dimension, infuriating-to-shelve Total Recall DVD from over 10 years ago.
The tin is the same everywhere. The Target Bonus disc is on a DVD but so far I can;t find an exact breakdown of what's on the disc

Target Bonus disc menu

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
All right.

I just contacted Amazon since I had received no gift card info since the product was shipped/received.

I did a chat with customer service and part of it went like this:

Me: When I pre-ordered the Jurassic World Blu-ray it said I would be eligible to receive a $5 Amazon gift card with the purchase.

But after I received the e-mail that the item had been shipped (I have since received it), I have received no notification about a gift card code nor has anything shown up in my giftcard account.

Amazon: That would certainly be really odd sir as what we promise is always honored however I haven't been able to find the mentioned promotion, may I know where is that you were able to see the $5.00 promise? I'm just concerned as it's not mentioned in our product details.

Me: It was on the product page during the pre-order period. I believe it said the deal would expire on October 17th at 11:59pm.

So, the notice about the deal disappeared after that.

Amazon: In this case to avoid you the hassle what I can do is have a $5.00 promotional credit issued that would apply automatically towards any order for products sold by Amazon, even digital content from Amazon Digital Services, sounds good?

Me: Sure. That would be fine.

So, as you can see...they don't seem to have any record of the promotion. Very strange.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 4.29.26 PM.png

Mike,

My chat was quick and easy. They didn't ask for any proof and offered the promo code quickly. I did take a screenshot in case I needed it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mine was really quick & easy, too, David. :thumbsup:

My point in posting was to let people know they were probably going to need to be proactive with Amazon in terms of getting what was offered.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mike Frezon said:
Mine was really quick & easy, too, David. :thumbsup:

My point in posting was to let people know they were probably going to need to be proactive with Amazon in terms of getting what was offered.

Yeah, I told Amazon I was pleased with their quick handling of it, but pointed out that people shouldn't have to be contacting them to get an incentive that was promised for an order.

Sigwolf

Agent
Real Name
Dave
I went through chat today, as well. Rather than give me a gift code or promotional credit, the rep I had said I would get the $5 credit on my credit card. It would appear they don't even have a uniform way to handle when they screw up a promotion that should have happened automatically...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sigwolf said:
I went through chat today, as well. Rather than give me a gift code or promotional credit, the rep I had said I would get the $5 credit on my credit card. It would appear they don't even have a uniform way to handle when they screw up a promotion that should have happened automatically...

That's what they did for me, as well.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Oddly...

I emailed about the $5 GC.

Got an email later for $5 off as a "good will from a billing error"...on a different product.

I wonder if I should play dumb and wonder where the $5 for JW is...

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
schan1269 said:
Oddly...

I emailed about the $5 GC.

Got an email later for $5 off as a "good will from a billing error"...on a different product.

I wonder if I should play dumb and wonder where the $5 for JW is...
Please don;t play SD games

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Bumping this old RoundUp (the week Jurassic World was released) to make the following report:

If you look back in the thread, you'll remember that Amazon had posted a deal that anyone who pre-ordered JW through them within a certain window was eligible to receive a $5 Amazon giftcard.

I chatted with Amazon after receiving my order and explaining that I had received no notification about the e-mail. Finding no mention of the deal anywhere, the rep gave me a $5 credit which was posted to my account and which I used on a subsequent order.

Well, tonight, I got my e-mail from Amazon awarding me the $5 Amazon giftcard!!! :biggrin:

I just need to enter the code into my account!

:laugh:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Same here. They credited $5 back to my credit card a couple weeks ago, then I got the promo email today.

All I need is a fair deal and don't want to cheat Amazon, but at the same time if they are that sloppy about their promotions that their own staff don't know what's offered or how/when it will be delivered...oh well.

Of course, those of us that already got adjustments may find our promo codes void when we try and redeem them. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Malcolm R said:
Of course, those of us that already got adjustments may find our promo codes void when we try and redeem them. :)

That's funny. Because I just went to enter my code into the field to apply gift card codes in "My Account." And was told the code was invalid! :biggrin:

So after another chat with Customer Service,they say the code needs to be entered at the time of checkout of an upcoming purchase.

Even though the e-mail says this:

You are receiving a $5 gift card valid on Amazon.com due to your recent purchase of Jurassic World. Terms and conditions apply.

you are supposed to wait to enter it as a promotional discount at the time of a purchase.

You had me worried there, Malcolm! :laugh:

Of course, something COULD still go wrong!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
That's funny. Because I just went to enter my code into the field to apply gift card codes in "My Account." And was told the code was invalid! :biggrin:

So after another chat with Customer Service,they say the code needs to be entered at the time of checkout of an upcoming purchase.

All I can say is that's not how the original Promo worked. That worked a regualr GC -- enter the numbers and confirmed you had $5 credit in your balance. The only thing different from std GC is that amount doesn't show in the GC balance and only shows up when you try to check out as a Promotion balance separate than GC balance,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks