What's new

Wanted to share a photo... (2 Viewers)

RicP

Screenwriter
I took this in the spring after an early evening Rainstorm. Now of course, I wish I took 1000 more.
Just wanted to share in this time of sadness.
wtc.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Absolutely beautiful man.... just gorgeous. Wish you had a 1000 more as well. Thanks for posting it here.
btw... what kind of camera?
oh and Ric.... you aren't just wearing your underwear right now, are you!? :)
------------------
McPaul.
[Edited last by Paul McGowan on November 12, 2001 at 11:04 PM]

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
Beautiful picture Ric.
Who would have thought that they would cease to exist under such daunting circumstances.
patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif

------------------
rock_band.gif
"See the world on the wings of rock and roll"

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Dude, that is awesome.
I have some buddies at work (ex-work now) that I will pass this on to, with proper credit given of course.
Nice work.
------------------
Greetings from the Humungus! The Lord Humungus!
The Warrior of the Wasteland!
The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah!

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
That does strike a nerve, Ric. It's a beautiful shot, but very disturbing. Thanks for sharing.
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

RicP

Screenwriter
Thanks for the kudos guys. You may use it in any way that youd like. I have more shots, and I'll try and root them up and put them on the site.
It's really funny how much you take things for granted. I adored my view when I first moved in here some years ago. After a while -- I still loved it of course -- but I sort of grew accustomed to it.
Now I would gladly give anything to have it back again.
Thanks again, and I'll let you know when I have the others up.
oh and Ric.... you aren't just wearing your underwear right now, are you!?
Um....er....No Comment.
crazy.gif

------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's
[Edited last by RicP on November 13, 2001 at 12:31 PM]

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Ric, that's an amazing picture you took. I can't wait to see the other pictures you took.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AIM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"Let me rest in peace, let me get some sleep. Let me take my love and bury it, in a hole six foot deep."

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Ric,
I just sent that to my co-workers in NJ. What a great pic. Maybe you should send it into Life Magazine or something. That is just glorious!

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
You know how you get a shiver down your spine, when you see something that affects you..... well I just got it.
I'm listening to 'The Thin Red Line' soundtrack and the music swelled to a stirring climax, as the picture finished loading - appropriate!
Absolutely awesome pic!

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Ric,
Great shot. I guess sometimes we take things for granted until they are gone. I'm originally from Bayonne but moved to Morris County a few years ago. Last month we went to Bayonne to visit my folks (and attend a memorial service for a high school friend who was killed in the tragedy) and as we crossed the Turnpike extension bridge the NYC skyline seemed empty and it gave my wife and I a very eerie feeling. I remember as a kid growing up that although Bayonne is fairly close to NYC the Twin Towers were the only buildings visible from the 3rd floor of my parents house. Later that day I went up there, looked out the window and got that same eerie feeling. I've been collecting photos, posters, puzzles, etc. of these magnificent towers so thanks for a spectacular addition to the collection.
------------------
JB
My baloney has a first name it's H-O-M-E-R my baloney has a second name it's H-O-M-E-R

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Hey Rick!
I think I was standing on that exact same pier 2 weeks ago, after watching a movie at this mall in Jersey City. I remember thinking about a HTFer who lived there and had an awesome view of Manhattan. Now I know who it is :)
--
Holadem

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
That sure a pretty picture with great detail.
Guess I need to get one of those Kodak Digital Cameras. What's the pixel rating on that one?
------------------
"What did Mr Spock see when he looked in the toilet? The Captain's Log."
Stolen from a BBS in 1985

RicP

Screenwriter
Guess I need to get one of those Kodak Digital Cameras. What's the pixel rating on that one?
It's a 2.2 Megapixel camera. What's funny is that the pic you're looking at has been reduced even further. I resized it and lowered the resolution slightly, the full-res shot is just magnificent.
Anyway, as promised here's a couple more:
rainbow1.jpg

------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Great pictures Ric!
I also have a DC-290. And I also love it! :) Any one interested in seeing more of what a DC-290 can do, I've got a bunch of pictures, taken with my camera, on my Vacation Pictures page of my web site. The DC-290 is out of production, but based on my experiences with it, I've talked two friends into buying the newer DC-4800 and they're both thrilled with theirs as well.
------------------
pat----
email: [email protected] ---===--- Finally! A home page ... Grumpy's Lair

RicP

Screenwriter
I just wanted to give this one bump just in case some people didn't get a chance to see the new photos I added.
------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Ric - fantastic shots. Thanks for sharing them with us. Still difficult to grasp what happened. The NYC skyline doesn't look right without the WTC towers.
Pat - you did your friends a great service. I own the Kodak DC4800 and it is a great camera. If anyone is thinking about purchasing a digital camera in time for the holidays or as a gift, I highly recommend it.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Ric... very nice photos! you should consider sending one or two to a magazine like 'Shutter Bug'
Jez, still hard for me to comprehend that those HUGE towers are gone... they were soo large...
------------------

bebop.jpg

Get Sea Lab 2021 on DVD!
My DVD Collection / AIM: roblutter/ email:[email protected]
"Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba da ba Bebop Cola...yeah" -Sealab 2021
[Edited last by RobLutter on November 16, 2001 at 09:17 PM]

Larry Price

Stunt Coordinator
Ric -
Thanks for those great shots. The first image is now on the desktop of my home PC.
Ive been searching for a shot with my former building (7WTC - same main address as the rest of the buildings but was connected to the Plaza by the pedestrian bridge over Vesey Street - it collapsed 9/11 in the afternoon) in it, and your winter shot has it. Its the tallest building to the left of the WTC and WFC (which is in the foreground). Although it wasnt as photogenic as the towers, since I worked there for 8 years it did hold a special place for me.
And thanks for bumping since I didnt see these the first time around.
- Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks