LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
According to Ultimatedisney.com is reporting the following DVDs for wave 4

Mickey Mouse in Black & White Volume 2

The Mickey Mouse Club

The Complete Pluto

Assorted Treasures Set (will contain "Donald in Mathmagic Land" and "Ben & Me" programs)

Apologize if this been reported on a previous thread.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Where the #@$% are the True Life Adventures?

The People and Places shorts?

Donald Vol. II?

Waiting for Wave Five? I'm gonna have silver tins shooting out my High-Def Sphincter by then.

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
I'm very interested in that set with "Donald in Mathmagic Land" its just going to be a bunch of assorted cartoons, no theme?

Brian-W

Screenwriter
I'm curious which Mickey Mouse Club (the 60's version or the late 70s early 80's version)?

Still longing for the Mickey Mouse Club that had Lisa Welchel....

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
This is just pure speculation. Nothing official. Although I do think we'll see Mickey Mouse in B&W 2.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member

The theme of these Treasures have been to honour the films and entertainment that Walt Disney had created in his lifetime.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I sincerely hope they come up with a better title for the last set than "Assorted Treasures Set". That will really bring the customers in!

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
it's coming out in a regular release in august, Rob.

I wanna know where Donald Vol. II is? I definitely want that more than the Mickey Mouse Club.

Adam

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
This is good news. Any more of these sets can be nothing but good news. Even if they continue to cripple the discs for fear of angry parents and boycotts (no "play all", forced introductions, etc.), they'll still be amazing.

On the next set they'll probably include a big-brotheresque Leonard Maltin reassuring the parent, through picture-in-picture windows running the length of every short: "remember, these were different times... do not sue Disney... different times... sue Disney, BAD..."

I am not, however, interested at all in the live-action sets (Davey Crockett, Behind the Scenes, Tomorrowland, etc.) The production numbers suggest they are less popular overall but for whatever reason (nostalgia perhaps) they have quite an intense following here on the HTF, where they definitely outdo the animated sets in terms of popularity.

But I've sworn to myself to buy the sets based on my personal interest, rather than a set's "collectable status" or even "historical interest". Thus I have collected every animated tin since the beginning, and none of the live-action tins.

that is all.

~s

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Steve, both Behind the Scenes and Tomorrowland sets have plenty of animation. I'm like you, I buy these for the animation, that's why I don't have Davey Crockett or Disneyland.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The Behind the Scenes set is, of course, mostly "live-action" but it's all on animation.

The set is worth it just for The Reluctant Dragon and the Disneyland episode on the history of animation. Walt even introduces a Koko the Clown cartoon, with organ music by Oliver Wallace.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian

I would assume it's the famous one.

I'd snatch a Mickey Mouse Club up in a second, especially season boxes.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"The theme of these Treasures have been to honour the films and entertainment that Walt Disney had created in his lifetime."

Somebody better tell Disney not to ship the second disc of Mickey Mouse In Living Color Vol.II. Walt was dead when that stuff was made.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks