What's new
World Wide Stereo

Volume issues (1 Viewer)

dhinged

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave H
I watch Hulu and Netflix through a computer hooked up to my HDTV, and I consistently have a volume issue where the volume is too quiet when it's low (I can't hear dialog) and when I turn it up, it's too loud when it's loud (ear-shattering). I don't have this problem on my separate DVD player hooked up through a component cable.
My computer is a Windows XP computer with audio going out through the normal 3.5" jack to the TV. I have Windows' volumes all set to max. If my TV is set to an audible volume on antenna, I can keep the same volume for DVD, but when I switch to computer, I have to turn it way up. I haven't tested watching Hulu or Netflix through my PS3 yet though, which is hooked up using an HDMI cable.
Is this normal for Netflix and Hulu? Or is the problem the 3.5" jack? Or even Windows? I haven't tested from a Mac or phone yet.

728x90

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
It could be the fact that you are switching from surround with your DVD to a 3.5mm which is stereo only.
Thats making a lot of assumptions... you haven't told us anything about your setup :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks