What's new

Virginia (1 Viewer)

John*paulJ

Grip
Not sure if this is the place to start....but does anyone
who posts here work in the audio industry?....(mainly tweeter)
I am trying to accuire a place of employment within the audio/video industry and I thought that this would be a good place to start.

Do any of you think that knowledge gained by reading post after post for about three years, would give me enough background to work in audio/video sales at tweeter.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
John.. I don't work at Tweeter, but I am sure the sales reps all started like the rest of us. Personal experience, reading and research and have a passion for audio/visual electronics.

I don't know if Tweeter has some form of a training program, but your idea is a good start.

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
John Paul,
Would reading posts here for three years be sufficient experience? Perhaps for a retailer like Tweeter but not for a custom installer like me. The focus of the industry is beginning to shift from moving black boxes (like a retailer) to providing solutions and ease of use (as in custom installation). Feel free to send me an e-mail at [email protected] if you have questions. I *may* be able to talk with you about employment opportunities in the future if you realize the learning curve in custom installation. Regards.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
3 years would make you overqualified at a place like Tweeters, IMO. A higher end B&M shop may be more satisfying and provide a greater learning experience for someone who is motivated to get into the industry. As Bill says, custom installation services are at the higher end of the learning curve, and I believe there is no substitute for experience in that mode. A retailer /installer combo is probably a good place to start, as you can get your feet wet retailwise while helping to configure and lay wire for the rooms of the store and help out here and there with customer installations. It will take time.

Doug

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Unfortunately, in reading this forum for 3 years, you probably also picked up a lot of bad information. :)
If you check out Tweeters website, their only requirement for a sales position is HS grad or equiv. Sales experience and strong interest in A/V is a plus. They provide 5 weeks sales/product training.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Some useful knowledge and 'personality' will go a long way. helping people by giving them informed POV's when they come in very lost is going to go a long way in this business. good luck to you!

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
HI Adam..
I live near Easton, PA.. Ex home of Ex world champion, Larry Holmes, commonly named the Lehigh Valley.. :)
I doubt if Larry is working at Tweeter. :D
John:
Good luck in your endeavors. Sounds like Mr. Lucas may be of great assistance. Employment opportunities/careers are found in unusual places sometimes.

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
I'm familiar with the Lehigh Valley. However, I'm just a tad north of that. :) I'm about an hours drive west of Scranton in the little town of Laceyville.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks