What's new

Velodyne servo sub? (1 Viewer)

Jonathan T

Second Unit
A memeber over at Head-fi.com commented on this sub saying that is was the tightest and best sounding sub he evar heard. And he also said that he has listened to more subs than you can shake a stick at. Does the servo setup really improve the sound that much? How would it fair against, say, a sealed AV-15 or tempest?

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Jonathan,

It would strongly depend on the alignment you used the AV15 or Tempest in, but I'd have no reservations in choosing one of them over the Velodyne subs.

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
I love my servo Velodyne AND I love my SVS.....they do have different sounds, though. The velodyne sounds a little tighter to me but it is in my bedroom (a much smaller room) where the SVS is in my living room (big room and 2 openings into other rooms. Good luck.

Jonathan T

Second Unit
O, ok. thanks. It's not some crazy sub that is hella tight and plays music better than anything else out there. Thanks.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Just a sub. But I also really like Velodyne servo subs. Minimal distortion and loud but "fast" output. But they aren't cheap, and their quality control sometimes isn't the best.

Other good bets are SVS, Hsu Research, Paradigm Servo 15, the new James sub, or any other sub that is specifically designed for high output with low distortion. *Most* subs actually have very bad distortion problems at low freqs with high output. But most people either can't, or choose not to hear it. :)

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
The velodyne I have is crazy tight and fast! It is amazing on music and very good on HT BUT I love it in a smaller room. It won't play as loud as other subs. BTW I would not have anything else in my bedroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks