Question about a Velodyne Sub

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Aurel Savin, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin Supporting Actor

Long time member. Haven't been around or posted in ages. Good to be back ... :D I have a question about a Velodyne F-1200-B (Foundation Series) Subwoofer that I recently acquired ... mainly if anyone knows the specs of it as I can't find any online. Also what is the difference between the Foundation Series and the same model number but Servo Series? Looking to sell it actually but would like some info that I can list it along with. Thanks much for your help!

2. TheGary

TheGary Stunt Coordinator

Yes, I just googled this. But should help a little bit at least.. http://www.ehow.com/list_7320164_specifications-velodyne-f1200.html

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    The difference between that one and the servo is obviously the servo driver and amp, which are intended to make the sub play more accurately. They were good subs back in the day and as long as it still works (my servo F1200 does not), it should do just fine.

4. Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin Supporting Actor

Thanks guys. It ended up that the speaker surround was dried out and literally fell apart at first touch. I was able to sell the sub in a few days though since posting this. Someone local bought it for parts/repair.

5. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Most subs can be re-foamed for under $20 and less than an hour's work.