What's new

International VEG/Shock's "Hollywood Gold" series upgrades titles to Blu (Australia) (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Mark-P said:
Whoops, am I ever busted! I don't know how I managed to forget about that. JB Hi-Fi does appear to be a fairly economical way to import the titles. I'd like to get Man of the West, Lifeboat, Journey to the Centre [sic] of the Earth, along with Splash, Quiz Show, and While You Were Sleeping. It would all come out to about $15.75 USD per movie. Unfortunately JB Hi-Fi doesn't appear to carry the Blu-rays of The Unforgiven or Midnight Lace.
Thanks so much for the tip!
There are some strange things happening on the JB website - as I have purchased (and seen) those 2 missing titles on the site and in-store. They may be in the process of restocking for Easter.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Mark-P said:
Until discovering this thread, I hadn't been aware of these Australian Blus. There are a lot of great titles that I'm interested in. What I am gleaning from the comments posted so far is that even though they are labeled as region B, people are discovering that they are in fact not region-locked? Since Amazon's Australian site doesn't carry movies, where is the best place to order that will ship to the US and which sites are the most econimical?
You can some of these on amazon UK....seller is smokecds. smokecds also sells on eBay.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
More titles set for April 30:

timthumb.jpg

timthumb (1).jpg

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
imgLoading_30x30.gif
VEGE233.jpg

Here is the cover art for JUDGMENT AT NUREMBURG on blu ray. Around $13.98 in Australian stores like JB Hi-Fi. I recommend foreign buyers try ezydvd.com.au or ebay.com.au

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
classicmovieguy said:
Free Australia-wide postage also direct from the label at screenpop.com.au.
I need free (or at least cheap} United States-wide postage on these!!! I love these releases, have "Lifeboat", "Journey to the Center of the Earth", "The Devil's Brigade", and "Exodus" in this series. All region-free and very good transfers. But shipping from AU is usually around $10!

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
lionel59 said:
imgLoading_30x30.gif
VEGE233.jpg

Here is the cover art for JUDGMENT AT NUREMBURG on blu ray. Around $13.98 in Australian stores like JB Hi-Fi. I recommend foreign buyers try ezydvd.com.au or ebay.com.au
Actually, I just found this on Amazon.UK for 13.90GBP + 3.06 GBP shipping (about $20 USD)!

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
atfree said:
Actually, I just found this on Amazon.UK for 13.90GBP + 3.06 GBP shipping (about $20 USD)!
That's about the same as it would cost directly from Australia, via JB Hifi: $13.98 AUD + $8.10 AUD postage = $22.08AUD, which is $20.39 in US dollars at the current exchange rate :)

Even cheaper if you order 2 or more Blu-rays from JB HI-fi - e.g. 2 BDs = $9.30 AUD postage in total; 3 BDs = $12.80 AUD postage in total.

/EDIT: Note that 16.96GBP = $28.57US at current exchange rates, not $20.

/EDIT #2: On a separate topic, I wrote a quick email to Shock asking them to consider releasing Andromeda Strain in Australia. I have no idea what it costs to get the rights, but if Koch in Germany can release it in Steelbook form in their small market, then it certainly can't cost that much, and Shock would have a lot of overseas interest for the release too from the US and UK. I'll post an update if they reply to my email.

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
imgLoading_30x30.gif
$_1.JPG

Released by Umbrella Entrertainment here in Australia. Around $18. Cheaper than the upcoming US release. No extras as far as I can tell.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
lionel59 said:
imgLoading_30x30.gif
$_1.JPG

Released by Umbrella Entrertainment here in Australia. Around $18. Cheaper than the upcoming US release. No extras as far as I can tell.
I have this....very nice transfer but no extras, no menu, region free. Starts playing immediately. I'm reasonably sure the same transfer is being used for the US release.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I just ordered the blu Exodus and a standard DVD of Shalako which is 16x9 to replace my old non anamorphic Anchor Bay Shalako from EZY.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I just ordered the Australian LA DOLCE VITA BD from Daaveedee. Unless I've missed something, this is the first blu-ray of Fellini's masterpiece to have English subs.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
EzyDVD is a good firm and I have bought a lot from them over the year. The offer Free Post from $60 and up including adding something you know is a pre-order. $59.99 does not get Free Postage!!!! For Export Sales tax should be exempt, that is dividing the price by 11 and that is the amount that should be the reduction amount. There a fee that I think is still in force regarding parcels sent from Australia to US for security reasons. I think it was $9 added on these parcels by direction of the US Government.

If Amazon was set up here and importing to a warehouse in Australia they would have to include Australian sales tax which is a federal fee not a state by state one which does not exist here at this time. That is 10%.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks