What's new

USHE Press Release: Back To The Future Trilogy (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
After briefly being relisted for $80 yesterday, the 4K hoverboard edition is back to its original price of $69.99 at Amazon for anyone who still wants it.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
So they finally price matched Target. Took them long enough.

I'm still going with the steelbooks, but if I wasn't, I would order from Amazon at that price.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The soundtrack for the first film, which I ordered from Amazon a few days ago, came today. I know I've had music from BTTF in the past, but I looked for it and I don't know where it is, so had to replace it.

I also watched the second film a few days ago after revisiting the first one.

Between revisiting these films and buying the soundtrack, I started to wonder about something. The first film had The Power of Love and Back in Time which were both huge hits for Huey Lewis and the News. The third film had Doubleback from ZZ Top.

Why wasn't there a single for Part II?

Last edited:

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Good question. It does have “I Can’t Drive 55” during the Hell Valley scene. But it wasnt a new song nor credited in the movie. Maybe since they were busy filming Part III during Part II’s post, they just forgot to hire a band to make a song for the movie.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Yeah, I Can't Drive 55 is music placement, not a new single. It worked very well where they used it, but it's not the same thing.

Considering the level of success that the singles from the first film received, it seems like a big thing to just forget. I'm guessing it had to be a deliberate decision.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Is the original soundtrack remastered?

I can believe I don’t own it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
For anyone interested in the scores on CD, boutique label Intrada released the first two movies and Varese Sarabande released Part III. Intrada's two disc of the original movie's score went out of print (disc two was alternate takes) but they still have the two discer of Part II.

And for those with a record player, Mondo released all three scores on vinyl (only the first one is currently available) and the soundtrack from the first movie.

Score:

Soundtrack:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Is the original soundtrack remastered?

The copy that I bought today doesn't say anything about being remastered and appears to be the same issue as was released in 1985. But the sound quality is very nice. I was a bit surprised that it is only 39 minutes long, since they certainly could have included more music, but it's still all good and I'm glad I bough it.

Intrada's two disc of the original movie's score went out of print (disc two was alternate takes) but they still have the two discer of Part II.

I find this so unfortunate. I wish they would do a repressing because I would definitely buy it for a reasonable new price, but it's going for hundreds of dollars on eBay now and that's just too much. I've been streaming it on Apple Music this week, and it's good, but I just can't justify that cost for a physical copy. The 35th anniversary would be an excellent excuse to reissue it. Cough.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I find this so unfortunate. I wish they would do a repressing because I would definitely buy it for a reasonable new price, but it's going for hundreds of dollars on eBay now and that's just too much. I've been streaming it on Apple Music this week, and it's good, but I just can't justify that cost for a physical copy. The 35th anniversary would be an excellent excuse to reissue it. Cough.
If it were me, I'd wait and see if they do a re-release of the original this year. If not, I'd just pick up the one disc whenever it comes back in stock (with Intrada, it can be a long time). The two disc is nice to have but it's definitely not worth the secondary market price.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'd just pick up the one disc whenever it comes back in stock (with Intrada, it can be a long time).

I didn't know that they had a single-disc option available; I thought it was just the two-disc. I agree with your plan to wait, but if a reissue of the double-disc is not forthcoming, this is good to know. Thanks!

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
  • BACK TO THE FUTURE: THE MUSICAL Behind the Scenes (NEW)- Get a sneak peek at the new musical show including a Q&A with the cast and creative team plus two new song recordings.
    • Cast and Creative Q&A
    • Original Songs
      • Gotta Start Somewhere
      • Put Your Mind To It
[/TD]
[/TD]

For anyone interested in the musical, these two songs were already uploaded to YouTube last year to promote the then-upcoming show's Manchester run. I assume these music videos are what is being included on the new bonus disc.

Gotta Start Somewhere is performed by Cedric Neal as Goldie Wilson. (In the show, Neal also doubles as Marvin Barry and sings Earth Angel, which they retained from the movie.)

Put Your Mind To It is performed by Olly Dobson as Marty.

The show began previews in Manchester on February 20 and opened on March 11 before being shut down due to the coronavirus situation on March 16. It was supposed to have been a 16-week limited run in advance of an expected West End transfer. I hope that they are able to remount it after the pandemic. Going to England is not possible for me, but if it it returns successfully, eventually it could come over here. I'd really love to see how they are able to execute the climax, in particular, in a stage format, which must have some incredible stagecraft involved to pull that off. I would also be happy to get a cast album of the whole score. I assume they would do that after it eventually reopens.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If not, I'd just pick up the one disc whenever it comes back in stock (with Intrada, it can be a long time).

I just went to their website and it says, "(Temporarily out of stock). Sorry but we do not know when this title will be back in stock. It's one of several titles waiting to be re-pressed as time permits." If you order multiple things from them at once, is there a combined shipping discount? I can probably wait on Part II as well and get them together in one shipment whenever the original is back in.

I wish there was an option to enter your email address and get an alert when it comes back in. I have no problem waiting, but it would be nice to get notified instead of having to constantly check back manually.

The expanded scores are available on iTunes too.

Yeah, I've been listening to them on there recently but would like to get a physical copy for my collection. I bought the soundtrack (with the songs) last weekend, which came today, because I noticed that iTunes/Apple Music does not have it for streaming, even though the scores are there. Of course, I'm happy to have a physical copy, but that seems like a major album they would want to have for streaming.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I just went to their website and it says, "(Temporarily out of stock). Sorry but we do not know when this title will be back in stock. It's one of several titles waiting to be re-pressed as time permits." If you order multiple things from them at once, is there a combined shipping discount? I can probably wait on Part II as well and get them together in one shipment whenever the original is back in.

I'm no authority on Intrada so don't take this as gospel but I must have waited over a year (possibly close to two years) for the BTTF Part II score to come back in stock so the wait on this one could be a long time.

EDIT: I'm sure they must combine shipping but like I said, I waited forever for Part II so I'd just bite the bullet on the shipping for fear of it going out of stock again. :laugh:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'd just bite the bullet on the shipping for fear of it going out of stock again.

Excellent point. How long ago did you get Part II?

I just emailed Intrada to ask if there is a way I can sign up for an automated alert when something comes back in stock for the first one.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you!

I just bit the bullet and bought the scores for the sequels. I will do the same thing whenever they come back in stock with the first one, whether it is a reissue with the second disc or not.

I wonder why Intrada didn't get the third one if they did the first two. It would have made sense for the entire trilogy to stay on one label. Of course, the score is the score so it's no big deal, but if I had been able to order both from Intrada I would've saved shipping.

Does the third one have the Doubleback song from the credits on it or not? If it's just the score, it may not, but I would like to get that song without having to buy it separately.

I do have an email into them asking about whether I can get a notification when the first one comes back in. We'll see what they say about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softwinsytems13
Recent bookmarks