What's new

Use PS4 controller with Windows 10 PC? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm hoping to figure out how to get a PS4 controller connected to my Windows 10 PC to use with Steam games. Any tips or advice?

Psychonauts was on sale for $1 two weeks ago ahead of the sequel launch. I bought it and am hoping I can play it on my media PC (with integrated graphics). Downloaded Steam for the first time and installed it. But I don't game on PCs and have no native controller so can't play anything yet. The PS4 Bluetooth connector dongle is long since discontinued. Online instructions for connecting a PS4 controller seem not too hard, but I haven't had time to try yet.

kalm_traveler

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jake
It's been a few months but I believe you can bluetooth it to a PC without the Sony adapter. Also, I'm quite certain that Steam natively already detects and supports PS4 controllers though games often only show configuration screens for Xbox controllers. You can get an application that simulates an Xbox controller from any other controller, but I ended up just saying screw it and bought an Xbox 360 elite series 2 controller or whatever it's called for PC games since that button layout is what they're designed around if they have controller support in the first place.

Ended up relegating my PS4 controllers to Playstation Classic (mini) duty with some 8bitdo bluetooth adapters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks