What's new

Upgrading Yam Aventage RXA700 (1 Viewer)

Rocco415

Grip
Real Name
Lou
I've had a Yam for about 5 years, its worked out pretty well. The only issues I have right now is that the AV switching is slow and doesnt handle 4k and I often receive audio signal drops and the yamaha is slowish in recovery of the signal. Currently the TV is handling video switching and I miss my on screen menu. Wirecutter seems to recommend the Denon AVRS720W. I think my Yam is rated at 90 watts per channel, the denon is rated at 75.

In an ideal world I would like:
  • 4k pass through
  • Ability to get a preamp down the road
  • Atmos, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.
My other components include: apple tv, Teac TN300 record player, PS4 and TIVO. Open to any thoughts and suggestions. I would prefer something equally suited to music and home theater as my setup does dual duties. My budget is flexible but I would say prob around 1000 or less - I love deals. I am open to refurb as long as the warranty is in tact.

Also, open to the idea of separates if any more budget oriented options come to mind. My thoughts on being able to upgrade to a preamp down the road was so I can uses the receivers processing until I find the right surround processor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks