What's new

Update: The Stoakley Home Theatre (1 Viewer)

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
Hey all,

Just updated and added some pictures to my Home Theatre page. Some people were interested in seeing some closeups of my rack and other items. Thanks for all your comments and please keep the questions, critiques, flames (just kidding) and any other quibbles you may have coming :).

Cheers,
Andrew

BrianKR

Second Unit
No critiques here ;)
It looks like a great place to kick back and enjoy some movies. :emoji_thumbsup:
Did you do all of the work yourself?
How is the sound in the room?

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
Hey Brian,

The sound is great!! The room measures 17'x10' with 8' ceilings and has a lot of nice sound absorbing materials, ie: the two leather couches and 65oz plush carpet. The thing I really like about the sound in the room is that I don't have to have the system cranked to get a good overall level. I would like to purchase some "Sonopan" from Cascades and play around with some baffling to see if I can sweeten the sound even more.

All in all, I really love the room and if I could change anything, I would put a front projector and screen in instead of my RPTV... not that I don't love my TV, it's just the DLP projectors and screens cost about the same now as my TV did a couple of years ago... LOL.. :)

Thanks for the compliments.
Cheers,
Andrew

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Checked out your pics and I had to laugh, as I have the same JAWS model, although I have a small Yoda perched just in front of the mast.:D

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
Hey Jordan,

Yeah, McFarlane's stuff is wicked cool! The Edward Scissorhands is one of his too as well as the Tie Domi figure. Actually, there are bunch of McFarlane's stuff on those shelves, but the JAWS one if my favourite.

Cheers,
Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks